Hotel for Brooklyn Cruise port

CAT330

Can someone help me out with a pre cruise hotel for the Crown Princess? We need something near the Brooklyn Cruiseport. We are going on the Canada New England Cruise 10/13/2009:p

I'm seeing a 4* Times Square hotel for $136 on Hotwire for Oct 12 - Better Bidding indicates this might be the Crowne Plaza. This is a fantastic price - Oct 12 is a holiday evening. Otherwise I'm sure it would be a lot more money. You really don't want to stay in Brooklyn near the cruise port.

Thanks for the info about Brooklyn. We arrive into JFK around 4:00 p.m on Oct 12th and I would like to spend under $200.00 if possible for 2 people. I was only going to stay in Brooklyn because I figured it was close to the cruiseport. Please tell me how you do "better bidding" on hotwire. I would love to stay at the crown plaza. I did not know there was a way to possibly tell the identity of the hotels. A price of $136 would be super. Who do you use to go to the cruise ship terminal for transportation. Anyone else going on this Canada/New england cruise on Crown Princess on 10/13 from New York to Quebec? Thanks!!!:)

Hotwire is http://www.hotwire.com. Put in New York and your date. Then on the left side check 3-star and up and under Areas uncheck all the airports. Along the top where it says "Sort by" check "Price". There is no way to guarantee the hotel and things are always changing. However, on hotwire the hotels list their amenities, so if you look on http://www.betterbidding.com, people report back what hotels they got and there is a master list showing what hotels match what descriptions. The prices change daily - the 4* hotel in Times Square is now $142 for Oct. 12. The hotel lists amenities of fitness center, restaurant, business center, and internet. The hotwire hotel list shows six 4* hotels in Times Square and the Crowne Plaza is the only one currently on the list that matches those amenities. Anyway, what does it matter which hotel? It's a 4* hotel in the Times Square area. It's going to be just fine whatever it is. The only downside to hotwire is that the room is not cancellable - you pay for it. However, in a pricey hotel market like New York or Boston, you can get some fantastic deals if you are willing to take a risk.

Others report doing even better on Priceline, but it's not always quite as clear as to what you might get. Anyway, if you are interested, you should make a decision and do it. This is a fabulous deal.

Archived