HO HO Trolley Boston

RM

Does anyone know how far the walk is to get outside the port to the Trolley stop? Do they sell tickets there or can you just buy them online. Don't want to cruise line tour as you can't get on and off.

Go to the top of this page, click on Search this Forum. Enter in HOHO Boston, and you will get lots of info on the HOHO. The stop # close to the pier is 17A on Old Town Trolley. It's probably around the equivalent of a block walk to get there. Not far. There should be a rep from the company as you exit the terminal building to show you where to go for the stop. From 17A, the driver will take you to stop #1. If you already have your e-ticket then it will be stamped and you are set to go. Those who don't have tickets will get off at stop #1 to buy tickets. Those people may end up catching the next trolley. If you go to their website you can request their map/brochure which they will mail to you. Hope this helps.

You're welcome. This really is the best way to see the most for a day's stop in Boston. If you are around Quincy Market when you are ready to eat, go inside and see all the wonderful food in there. So many great choices.

Here's my advice if you are interested in a "water" experience in Boston - I think the Hoho offers a harbor cruise, but it is time consuming. If you're going first thing in the morning, don't do Quincy Market first - continue on to the North End and the Constitution. From the Constitution take the MBTA water taxi back to Long Wharf ($1.70/pp), which is by Quincy Market. Go through the market east to west (maybe lunch ??) and walk up to the Hoho Stop 5 at State and Congress to continue on the tour. You will not miss anything very interesting between the Constitution and Stop 5.

• 5 weeks later...

I was hoping someone else would reply because I don't really have a specific answer for you - perhaps you could contact Old Town Trolley and ask. I do know from working in downtown Boston, the trolleys seem to come by frequently. If there is a cruise ship in port, they probably have more trolleys doing the route in order to handle the increased demand.

We never waited more than 10 minutes at a trolley stop. They run constantly.

When you exit the cruise terminal (I assume you're docking at Black Falcon), make a left outside the glass doors and keep walking to the parking lot to get to stop 17a. At the stop, there is an orange sign and always at least 1 or 2 trolleys sitting there, it's next to a huge fence in the parking lot. There were no representatives right at the cruise terminal when we got there and it took a little while to find it.

Last word of advice, not every trolley goes back to the cruise terminal, only the special ones labeled "sea route" on the front. So, when you're ready to back, you have to take the trolley back to stop 1 by Fanueil Hall and wait for the sea route trolley since this is the transfer stop.

When we were there it was suppose to stop at 17A but it did not. We had to walk another maybe 10 minutes to another stop where we were picked up and then taken to the ticket stand to buy tickets. If I am remembering correctly we continued walking past 17A and up to the main street and turned right and kept walking. Check it out on their map just in case I am forgetting something. Just an FYI. We had a great driver on our HO HO. Lots of stories and information to be had. Have a great time!

Archived