Pre cruise day visit to Moorea Hilton

stephenandrew

Wanted to know if this was possible/easy to do. Have been reading that the Hilton Moorea offers a day pass. We arrive in Tahiti on April 5 (really April 6 in the early morning). Can we hop a ferry to Moorea, grab a cab to the Hilton, enjoy the beach/snorkeling there, do the reverse, and head back to Tahiti without too much difficulty? The ferry schedules seem to provide for enough time--or is hanging around the IC Tahiti (where we are staying) just as "nice"? We will be in Moorea for one day on our cruise--from what I have gathered, it is beautiful there, and I thought it might be better use of our time to spend 2 days there as opposed to one in Moorea and one in Tahiti. When we were on the cruise ship and docked in Moorea, I was looking at taking the ATV tour---so did not think we would have time to do the beach on that day too. Thanks.

Wanted to know if this was possible/easy to do. Have been reading that the Hilton Moorea offers a day pass. We arrive in Tahiti on April 5 (really April 6 in the early morning). Can we hop a ferry to Moorea, grab a cab to the Hilton, enjoy the beach/snorkeling there, do the reverse, and head back to Tahiti without too much difficulty? The ferry schedules seem to provide for enough time--or is hanging around the IC Tahiti (where we are staying) just as "nice"? We will be in Moorea for one day on our cruise--from what I have gathered, it is beautiful there, and I thought it might be better use of our time to spend 2 days there as opposed to one in Moorea and one in Tahiti. When we were on the cruise ship and docked in Moorea, I was looking at taking the ATV tour---so did not think we would have time to do the beach on that day too. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the ATV tour--I'd want to see where they go. Yes, Moorea is very beautiful.

Not sure about the logistics of your scheme to take the ferry. First you'll have to make your way to the IC and drop your vags and/or check in, and wait for daylight. Then take a cab back to the ferry. As I remember, there are no hotel shuttles on Moorea, so you'd have to get a cab I guess to the Hilton. And reverse.

I believe the ferry only operates during daylight, so you have to watch that, since the sun sets about 6 in Tahiti.

Not sure I'd do it, but I'm sure lots of folks do. You could reverse this, and rent a car for the day in Moorea, drive around and see the sights of the beautiful island, then when you're back on the ship, go to the beach and relax.

I'm not sure about the ATV tour--I'd want to see where they go. Yes, Moorea is very beautiful.

Not sure about the logistics of your scheme to take the ferry. First you'll have to make your way to the IC and drop your vags and/or check in, and wait for daylight. Then take a cab back to the ferry. As I remember, there are no hotel shuttles on Moorea, so you'd have to get a cab I guess to the Hilton. And reverse.

I believe the ferry only operates during daylight, so you have to watch that, since the sun sets about 6 in Tahiti.

Not sure I'd do it, but I'm sure lots of folks do. You could reverse this, and rent a car for the day in Moorea, drive around and see the sights of the beautiful island, then when you're back on the ship, go to the beach and relax.

That would work just as well. I guess what I am really asking is would you tour Tahiti/hanf around the IC pool for a day, or would you prefer an extra day in Moorea? I don't get the impression that people love French Polynesia because of Tahiti.

I would stay in Tahiti. The flight is a killer and you need the down time.

There are some operators who have a day trip to Moorea including a Motu Picnic and this maybe the best for you.

The ATV goes to the Belvedere - we saw them come down when we were driving down.

If I were you I would rent a car in Moorea - drive to the Belvedere returning via the Pineapple plantation ( more lush). Then drive to the Hilton and return to the ship after snorkelling and lunch. If you prefer to do this by taxi I think I may have details of a taxi we have used a couple of times.

My wife is telling me the same thing!

Intercontinantal is a lovely hotel with beautiful pools and it has a lagoon for snorkling in. They provide free kayaks and snorkeling gear as well. Stay there and you will have a lovely day. It is also good to get on board early and start enjoying the the ship. If you are on a seven day cruise you get two days in Moorea anyway. I would suggest you hire a bugster (open air 4 wheel self drive) and then you can tour around yourself , visit the beaches and hotels as well as the interior of the island.;)

And remember, as far as beach days go, you have the whole day at Motu Mahana (Taha'a), and while in Bora Bora you usually have access to the motu in the afternoons as well (and it is a gorgeous beach--take your camera.)

So, if you only have the one day in Moorea, I would do some kind of activity. Either the 4x4 tour, or rent a car and see the sights, or some kind of water excursion like snorkelling or whale watching. Of course, I guess you can snorkel at the Hilton.

Wendy the tenders to the BB motu go all day - I think first is at 10 am.

If you are set on going to Moorea from PPT look at the islands board as there is something on Carl's tours. I heard his Moorea tour is really good ending at his home.

Wendy the tenders to the BB motu go all day - I think first is at 10 am.

Thanks. On the 7-day it used to be a little later. Depending on whether it was the first or second day--the second day the ship positioned itself closer to the motu so that the tender ride was shorter.

If I were you I would rent a car in Moorea - drive to the Belvedere returning via the Pineapple plantation ( more lush). Then drive to the Hilton and return to the ship after snorkelling and lunch. If you prefer to do this by taxi I think I may have details of a taxi we have used a couple of times.

I would like the details of a taxi, please. Thank you very much.

Hi name is Teva and he has a nice van and is reliable. Charged us $25 or so for the trip from the tender landing to the Hilton. We were 8 in all. he covered his van with towels on our return in case we were wet. He also does trips around the island combined with a pick up/ drop off at the Hilton. Shall get the details from DH and post in a couple of days.

Archived