Information on which hotel to stay

MrsSmith91739

I've stayed at all the major resorts on Moorea.

Hilton - IMO the nices. Good snorkeling, nice evening setting but a bit isloated. Good for sunset views idf you have the right OWB.

Sofitel - Great sunrise views if you have a good OWB. Snorkeling is good, Most 'French' in feel. Best beach. Isolated.

IC - Largest of the resorts. More kids than the Hilton or Sofitel. Close to stores shopping. Close to motus. Snorkeling is so so. Nice pool. Good sunset views if you have a good OWB. Only 4 totally OWB rooms.

Pearl Beach - Best bang for the buck. Feels a bit cramped. Some good sborkeling but not easily accessible as it id off the ledge of the outer OWB's. Close to stores and shopping. More kids here. Friendliess staff.

My wifes personal favorite is the Hilton.

Nope, never stayed at a small one. But if I were going to do so I would give weight to Les Tipaniers. The location is great, good snorkeling, close to cafes, close to stores, easy access to motus, view from beach is outstanding, nice bar at the beach .........

We stayed at a B&B on Moorea for 3 days before our cruise. Sure made us appreciate the cruise ship!

This island is underdeveloped. Makes it wonderful to visit but staying in a rustic environment was not easy unless you are prepared to go to the store immediately or travel with necessities like soap, shampoo, water, paper towels, etc. If you arrive on a Sunday, stores aren't open or close early and don't sell alcohol that day.

We stayed at Moorea_Fare_Miti. Check on places using tripadvisor. Maybe things have changed there. Maybe there are other b&b's. Loved the dinners near this place. Owners were super nice and helpful. Just not our cup of tea with no screens, Mosquitos, chickens crowing at dawn, thin curtains that didn't close all the way, ants, etc.

We were thinking we should have stayed at one if the other big hotels, any of them. Price was much better at the B&B.

Staying ahead made it more fun to do the Mark Endowes tour since we had seen the island.

Archived