When departing Brooklyn Pier, how close do you pass by the Statue of Liberty?

laughing husky

The distance from the cruise terminal to SoL is about 1.6 miles. Once the cruise ship clears the terminal and clears Govenor's Island, the distance will drop to about 1.2 miles, but once the cruise ship turns down river the distance will steadily increase.

BTW, this is the New England forum of the Ports of Call board of which Brooklyn is neither. Your question s/h/b asked at the NA Homeports board, East Coast Departures forum.

SBtS

Sorry, Sin, thought I was posting from there. I am from NYC but wondered if you go past the SOL, port or starboard....and we are looking forward to visiting your city....IMHO, RI has the best clam chowder in the country. My daughter went to Johnny Wales in your state and in general, the food is fantastic in RI....Now, I hope the weather will be....LOL...but it will be warmer than Alaska, I am sure....:)

Sorry, Sin, thought I was posting from there. I am from NYC but wondered if you go past the SOL, port or starboard....and we are looking forward to visiting your city....IMHO, RI has the best clam chowder in the country. My daughter went to Johnny Wales in your state and in general, the food is fantastic in RI....Now, I hope the weather will be....LOL...but it will be warmer than Alaska, I am sure....:)

SoL is on your starboard side when departing and I also grew up in RI where I went to MPHS. Had our 50th reunion in the spring 2012, everybody's so different I haven't changed :D.

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...

Archived