Bringing Home Vanilla

ducklite

Does anyone know if it's allowed by US CBP to bring back whole vanilla beans, or only the extract? Is there a limit? I have several friends asking me to bring them back some beans, just don't want to buy them only to have them seized at the border.

We have brought back but have the outside cut away so all you have it the sweet yellow interior. It's good for a few days after we get home and gives us a nice memory. The small pineapples are so much better than anything back home or for that matter Hawaii.

I have bought pineapples from the ship at the airport and have had no problem bringing them in. Tahiti is approved for pineapple import into the states. I declared it and had them inspected without an issue. Of course I don't know if this has changes since the last time I did this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have bought pineapples from the ship at the airport and have had no problem bringing them in. Tahiti is approved for pineapple import into the states. I declared it and had them inspected without an issue. Of course I don't know if this has changes since the last time I did this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Interesting--I was under the impression that all unprocessed fruit could only be imported by licensed importers. I know that's still the case in Florida. You can't even sell citrus or citrus trees without a permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived