Kayaking/Canoeing avail in Acadia?

Flacruiser123

We are thinking of taking the free shuttle to Acadia. Saw some canoes on the Eagle Lake page of the Acadia web site. Are canoes or kayaks available for rent from the park? How about at the Sieur de Monts Spring? Would prefer doing our own thing, not into the big tour groups. Which bus number would we take to get to these locations?

I thought I had replied to this thread before, but lately it seems as if all writings seem to be going into "lala" land -

If you haven't tried the following link yet, you might find that it has information that might be useful. http://www.barharborinfo.com

To the best of my knowledge (perhaps others might know better) I've seen lots of canoes and kayaks but believe that rental is through places in town -

The island hopper was started to cut down on the traffic on the Island, and I know it goes to different spots, but I don't think that there are different buses for different spots.

I have a board meeting on the island tomorrow, so I will check and find out more information. Jan

I always seem to learn something new - there are 8 different buses that take different routes around the island. They are free as LL Bean undertook the cost through a grant.

The buses run every hour until Columbus day (then they will run every two hours) I'm not sure when they stop running for the season. I'm also not sure of the stops along the way.

Jan

Archived