Out of Pregresso tour company...

crazycruzer68

From what I understand they are 2 different companies, I'll post if I get more info. I have an e-mail out to Autoprogresso just haven't heard anything yet.

I think that Auto Progreso is a transportation company and Out of Progreso has the tours. We booked the Reef Yucatan tour with OP.

Let me know if I'm wrong.. It will be the first time today.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
I can find a website for Autoprogresso but nothing for Out of Progresso. Can you supply it or are they the same company? thanks

The printing on their brochure is pretty obscure. Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it. But, Auto could very well be it. Google Auto and see if they have a tour list.

How did you book a tour online when I spoke to them and they told me they don't take reservations. This is getting so confusing. The auto progreso is a bus tour company, what is Out of Progreso? We want to book a tour not on the ship, can't find an agent.

How did you book a tour online when I spoke to them and they told me they don't take reservations. This is getting so confusing. The auto progreso is a bus tour company, what is Out of Progreso? We want to book a tour not on the ship, can't find an agent.

We booked when we arrived in town. Not online.

Thanks for your answer did you take the free shuttle to town and find Out of Progreso or did you see it on the wharf as you got off the ship? We plan to get off early so we can have a full day of DZ ruins and Merida. Did you pay cash or CC. I would love to go to UXMAL but not at the prices they want. I'd rent a car and drive over it would be easier and cheaper. I need as much info as possible. TX Kathy

Thanks for your answer did you take the free shuttle to town and find Out of Progreso or did you see it on the wharf as you got off the ship? We plan to get off early so we can have a full day of DZ ruins and Merida. Did you pay cash or CC. I would love to go to UXMAL but not at the prices they want. I'd rent a car and drive over it would be easier and cheaper. I need as much info as possible. TX Kathy

Kathy, we learned about the tours on the shuttle bus going to town and then booked at the flea market/bus stop. We used Autoprogreso when we went to Reef Yucatan. On our first visit, we booked the Dzib tour thru the cruiseline. That won't happen again. Now, 6 cruises later we book all of our tours thru locals or just grab a cab. You can save 30%, put up with fewer people and all of our guides have been super. It is the only way to fly.

Clacky did you have to do pecos or our dollar? Do the Credit Cards at the flea market desk and at the pier? I know the approx cost is $40.00pp, depending on what tour you want I guess. I hope to be off the ship by 8am. Good time? Thanks for all the other info. I will eat a shrimp for you!

Clacky did you have to do pecos or our dollar? Do the Credit Cards at the flea market desk and at the pier? I know the approx cost is $40.00pp, depending on what tour you want I guess. I hope to be off the ship by 8am. Good time? Thanks for all the other info. I will eat a shrimp for you!

Sorry that I didn't get back sooner. Computer has been down.:mad:

We have used US everywhere but one small (we're talking, dinky) store in the mercado. They wanted pesos. Haven't used plastic in any of the ports, so I don't know who takes what. Lo siento.

8 a.m. is great. You can hightail it to town, check out the tours and get the departure times, walk on the beach before everyone gets there, waddle through the mercado and then go back to the flea market and take a tour. There is plenty of time to shop or whatever.

Josie, we did the Reef Yucatan tour with AutoProgreso. Well worth the money, especially if you have kids or like to drink, or loaf by a gorgeous pool, or drink, or play volleyball, or drink, or walk on the beach, or, huh, you know..:D

• 11 months later...
Sorry that I didn't get back sooner. Computer has been down.:mad:

We have used US everywhere but one small (we're talking, dinky) store in the mercado. They wanted pesos. Haven't used plastic in any of the ports, so I don't know who takes what. Lo siento.

8 a.m. is great. You can hightail it to town, check out the tours and get the departure times, walk on the beach before everyone gets there, waddle through the mercado and then go back to the flea market and take a tour. There is plenty of time to shop or whatever.

Josie, we did the Reef Yucatan tour with AutoProgreso. Well worth the money, especially if you have kids or like to drink, or loaf by a gorgeous pool, or drink, or play volleyball, or drink, or walk on the beach, or, huh, you know..:D

do they drop you at the reef club and pick you up later? thanks!

do they drop you at the reef club and pick you up later? thanks!

They furnish transportation and also have a side trip to Xcambo, a small mayan ruin near the hotel. They also had a trip to a flamingo sanctuary.

This resort is plush with one of the prettiest pools that I have ever seen. The Pina Coladas are good and there is plenty of beach for the beachcombers.

We've never heard of 'Out of Progreso', I think you're thinking of 'Autoprogreso'. The free shuttle from the ship takes you to the Casa de Cultura, where there's a craft market, the double-decker bus tours around progreso, and Autoprogreso providing tours to Dzibilchaltun, Merida, and the Reef Yucatan.

Autoprogreso also has a booth/shop in the shopping area right where the ship docks at the pier (before you get on the shuttle buses). It's on the left as you head for the shuttle buses.

I booked a tour to Dzibilchaltun with them by e-mail. Didn't have to pay till I got to their booth in the shopping area. They took US$ and were set up to take credit cards as well. They told me to be at the place where the shuttle drops off at 12:30 (this, BTW is very well marked and well staffed, no problems).

The tour was awesome, the guide was very knowledgable, and taking a dip in the cenote at the end was a perfect finish since the day was VERY hot! There are pictures in the Carnival Ecstasy album on Shutterfly; follow the link in my signature if you'd like to see them.

Archived