Beaches?? Help

acruisingpeach23

Bannister Island is nice. We went to Caye Caulker on our own and would recommend going with the ship tours. We almost missed the last water taxi.

Clackey

I have ruled out the water taxi option to Caye Caulker as it seems a little too iffy for getting back on time without cutting into a good part of the day. Your experience has convinced me. Am still thinking to take an excursion such as Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker. Having gone to Caye Caulker on your own, did you think it is worth seeing? Did you do any snorkeling there...that is pretty much the reason why I would go.

Clackey

I have ruled out the water taxi option to Caye Caulker as it seems a little too iffy for getting back on time without cutting into a good part of the day. Your experience has convinced me. Am still thinking to take an excursion such as Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker. Having gone to Caye Caulker on your own, did you think it is worth seeing? Did you do any snorkeling there...that is pretty much the reason why I would go.

It is a quaint little place. The local resturant was good. Don't remember the name but it is right on the water a short walk from the taxi piers. We took a snorkle trip out to the reef and saw nice coral, lots of fish and a spotted ray. Then our guide took us to a sandy spot and we got to snorkel with the rays. We even had a pod of dolphens swim by while our guide was working on the outboard. Why I didn't grab my mask and go overboard is beyond me. I have regretted it every since.

There is some good snorkeling at what is called "The Split". You would have to ask the locals directions but it is accessable from the shore. A google will probably pull up more info on this.

We went to Bannister Isaland with Fab Tours on one cruise. The trip consisted of a short snorkel trip and then a stop at Bannister for R&R. I think that Fab has their own island and that Coral Breeze may do the Bannister trip now. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). The snorkeling in Belize and Honduras is some of the best that we have had.

It is a quaint little place. The local resturant was good. Don't remember the name but it is right on the water a short walk from the taxi piers. We took a snorkle trip out to the reef and saw nice coral, lots of fish and a spotted ray. Then our guide took us to a sandy spot and we got to snorkel with the rays. We even had a pod of dolphens swim by while our guide was working on the outboard. Why I didn't grab my mask and go overboard is beyond me. I have regretted it every since.

There is some good snorkeling at what is called "The Split". You would have to ask the locals directions but it is accessable from the shore. A google will probably pull up more info on this.

We went to Bannister Isaland with Fab Tours on one cruise. The trip consisted of a short snorkel trip and then a stop at Bannister for R&R. I think that Fab has their own island and that Coral Breeze may do the Bannister trip now. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). The snorkeling in Belize and Honduras is some of the best that we have had.

Snorkeling and shrimp...what more could I need! I'll be snorkeling in Roatan for sure so now have to decide whether to go to Caye Caulker or ruins in Belize. Am thinking to do the morning ruins tour in Costa Maya with an afternoon snorkel, so don't necessarily need to see other ruins but had heard the boat ride to the ruins in Belize was nice. Decisions to make...

Snorkeling and shrimp...what more could I need! I'll be snorkeling in Roatan for sure so now have to decide whether to go to Caye Caulker or ruins in Belize. Am thinking to do the morning ruins tour in Costa Maya with an afternoon snorkel, so don't necessarily need to see other ruins but had heard the boat ride to the ruins in Belize was nice. Decisions to make...

You might have to google, but Upachaya Resort on Roatan had a good snorkel trip. You need to book it early(like 2 months out) because they only take about 10 people at a time.

Archived