Rasul Couples Treatment???

Hi JP1982,

I will be taking a Royal Caribbean cruise soon and I know that the treatment is offered by the cruise line. However, I did a quick search and it looks like Princess also offers the rasul treatment. Take a look at the information below:

"The extensive spa facilities include sauna, steam rooms, and thermal suite. A communal relaxation center, the thermal suite offers different grottos and chambers that release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Spa goers can relax on a warm stone bed designed to make the of life melt away. Use of the thermal suite is included in spa treatments, and daily and weekly passes are also available. A number of ships also feature a rasul room in which couples can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of steam and dry heat in a private climate-controlled treatment suite with mud for self-application."

If the treatment is offered on your ship, it looks like it can be booked on line through the "cruise personalizer" or by calling Princess directly.

I hope that this helps! :)

• 1 month later...
A number of ships also feature a rasul room in which couples can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of steam and dry heat in a private climate-controlled treatment suite with mud for self-application."

If the treatment is offered on your ship, it looks like it can be booked on line through the "cruise personalizer" or by calling Princess directly.

I hope that this helps! :)

We have done the rasul on Princess and is exactly what is describe here. This is much better for a couple. It had one dry heat room and one steam room, plus a large shower room big enough for two. There are different dishes with mud, some for face an others for body. You apply the mud on each other, and that is when the fun beggins, hint, hint. :D

Note: make sure you lock the door so nobody walks in on you while ...... relaxing ;):D

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I have done this on the Disney Magic and it is money well spent. They gave us access to full size bottles of just about every product they sell. We started off with the salt scrub mixed with some coconut milk thing, and then the muds. The steam really opens up the pores and makes the product penetrate. Then all the body wash and shampoos and facial products. It was like having full spa treatments, except you had to apply and massage yourself, but if you're with a partner :) it makes it easy AND fun! Yes, you could have ALOT of fun, but to tell the truth, it's super hot in the steam room and not very comfortable to be pressed up against anything; and the tile is very hard, and the mud makes things very messy. So take that for what it's worth. But for the value in using the product alone, this is one of the spa's biggest bargains.

• 3 months later...

Loved Loved Loved it! We were on the Sapphire Princess and took advantage of the Rasul. We booked it more towards late afternoon and were told nobody else was booked so we had unlimited time:D.

There were little dishes of the different muds, salts, oils that we could use, TONS of towels (enough to make a pallet on the floor if thats where you end up), a shower big enough for 2, the steam area that had benches facing each other with a wall waterfall in the middle. Robes and 2 comfy chairs. Sink & mirrors. And the nice lady telling us to have as much fun as we wanted, take as long as we wanted and don't worry about the mess. :p And it does get a little messy;)

If I remember right it was about $200 maybe a little more.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Does the NCL Pearl (Alaska) have the couples Rasul treatment?

The Pearl had Rasul when we cruised the Caribbean...we totally loved it! We were the last couple of the day and attendant knew we also had a spa pass and we ended up having the Rasul area for about two hours. Well worth the money!:D

What was the price?

I think we paid $95 (husband says $75, but that seems low) plus the tip, so somewhere between there is probably a good bet. It really was well worth the money. The room they put you in is so nice. The spa on the Pearl is very clean and certainly most restful.:) The rasul smells wonderful, it's very relaxing and definitely the only treatment that I would allow....I'm not much on spa treatments beyond manicures.

Be sure to go on the spa tour when you arrive.....they will give you a price list. The spa pass is also well worth the money!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

On our last cruise in June, on Oasis of the Seas, I won a spa treatment at one of the art auctions. They gave us the rasul treatment.

We got to rub exfoliant mud on each other's bodies, then sit in a waterboarding chamber to wash it off. Well that is what it felt like, it was a steamy hot water shower thing where we sat facing each other.

Then we sat in the relaxation room.

I loved it! She isn't on board with touchy-feely stuff like that though.

I would love to do it again!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Is this available on the Carnival Splendor?! This cruise is a much needed marriage retreat for us and this sounds great!

Hi Cats,

I cut and paste this from Carnival's Cloud Nine Splendor page. We were on Dream and used the treatment there. Did it in the beginning and would do it again if the price was right. great for repeated dry heat and steam room prep. all cruise long! We were mother,daughter towel and swimsuits. It west the best thing for teen skin, by the end of the week daughter looked radiant! Check out Splendor's Pages including Cloud Nine. Dream and was the most well run ship spa I have ever been in. Glory was smaller and less extensive but well maintained! Carnival is doing good, other experiences not so hot!

"This Experience Is Available On: Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Splendor."

• 1 month later...

Archived