Plus Size Bathing Suits

PrincessE

Hello everyone -

I'm a plus sized girl and I have a difficult time finding bathing suits that I think look good on me. I went to JCPenney for the first time to shop (EVER) this weekend. I found a selection of suits that was 1. reasonable and 2. super cute.

Just thought I'd mention it. We all probably have a JCP in our area and it's worth taking a look if you're in need of a bathing suit.

Thanks, i was going to post where can I find a cute swimsuit, mines about 10 years old and though it actually still looks ok! (it was very expensive and so worth it) I would like a new one. Did JCP have any plus size that didnt have the skirt thing? I may be fat but I have pretty legs and I dont like covering them up, showing nice legs draws peoples eyes from fat belly.

• Like 1

Recently got back from our NCL EPIC cruise. It was AMAZING!

I found a place online to get swimsuits. The place is "Swimsuitsforall.com" and they had every size from 8 up to 26W. I bought some really beautiful cover ups and three swimsuits. I got a lot of compliments on every thing.

If you want to try them, they are running a "Groupon" deal right now.

http://www.groupon.com/el-paso/

For $20 you get $40 in swim suits right now. I grabbed that deal because we have another cruise coming up in June (Celebrity) AND I also live in Florida, so I need cute suits for myself (size 18) all year round pretty much!

I honestly haven't been unhappy with a single one. I have tried to find suits at JCP and Sears too, but generally, they don't fit my bust, so that's kind of frustrating. And, if I go into the "specialty" shops down here for plus sized suits, I end up having to pay $80 for a swimsuit which is insane.

Anyway, just thought I would share with you girls!

Enjoy! Happy cruising!

• Like 2

mips, I've seen lots of cute plus size suits that don't have a skirt. Swimsuits for all had lots of cute ones, as did JC Penney and I think Woman Within. Show off your best assets!

I lucked out last year and found a super cute, very flattering suit at Wal-mart. We were traveling and I had forgotten my good suit, and just wanted a cheap one. This one was made very well for the $27 I spent on it. I'm a size 16, tall, with my weight pretty evenly distributed, and have a tough time finding suits that address ALL different types of body flaws.

don't forget to try TJ Maxx. You never know what they have in stock and they usually have swimsuits under $30.00 and a lot of times just for $19.99...they almost always have excellent support with a good bra and a tummy sucking-in liner. that's where i get all of my swim suits. I swim year round and when i find one that i like, i buy as many as I can since I go through them quickly (lots of chlorine use!!!) otherwise, they last a long time.

Edited by pyropoodle
  • Like 1

mips, I've seen lots of cute plus size suits that don't have a skirt. Swimsuits for all had lots of cute ones, as did JC Penney and I think Woman Within. Show off your best assets!

I lucked out last year and found a super cute, very flattering suit at Wal-mart. We were traveling and I had forgotten my good suit, and just wanted a cheap one. This one was made very well for the $27 I spent on it. I'm a size 16, tall, with my weight pretty evenly distributed, and have a tough time finding suits that address ALL different types of body flaws.

Hey! I shop SwimSuitsforAll.com too! Did you see the Groupon they are offering right now?

For $20 you get $40 in swim suits right now. I grabbed that deal because we have another cruise coming up in June (Celebrity) AND I also live in Florida, so I need cute suits for myself (size 18) all year round pretty much!

I love their stuff! :)

My friend also did the very same thing, she lucked out at Wal-mart on vacation too. I've found great suits at Sears sometimes too. I know, as I'm sure everyone here does, that it can be frustrating to find one that fits right. There are sure a lot of great suggestions here though. It'll just take time to slog through them all and a lot of wiggling in and out of clothes!! LOL

Good luck and happy cruising (is there any other kind??)

Hey! I shop SwimSuitsforAll.com too! Did you see the Groupon they are offering right now?

I love their stuff! :)

thanks for that Groupon link ! I love swimsuitsforall

Hello everyone -

I'm a plus sized girl and I have a difficult time finding bathing suits that I think look good on me. I went to JCPenney for the first time to shop (EVER) this weekend. I found a selection of suits that was 1. reasonable and 2. super cute.

Just thought I'd mention it. We all probably have a JCP in our area and it's worth taking a look if you're in need of a bathing suit.

PrincessE, thanks so much for posting this. I picked up a really cute tankini and swim shorts today at JCP. I couldnt believe that 3 days before my cruise I actually found a suit that fits my boobs. (Usually cant find any bathing suits that are cute that I am not afraid of bending over and flashing everyone)

I have purchased three suits from Swimsuits for all and have been totally pleased with their items. Be sure to read the ratings on the suit you consider....I have found these right on. They will take back their suits if you are unhappy with them for any reason and the prices are amazing! I highly recommend them! :)

Thanks, i was going to post where can I find a cute swimsuit, mines about 10 years old and though it actually still looks ok! (it was very expensive and so worth it) I would like a new one. Did JCP have any plus size that didnt have the skirt thing? I may be fat but I have pretty legs and I dont like covering them up, showing nice legs draws peoples eyes from fat belly.

Yes! They had quite a few without skirts. They had the dress type, regular (non-skirt) type and tankini's.

PrincessE, thanks so much for posting this. I picked up a really cute tankini and swim shorts today at JCP. I couldnt believe that 3 days before my cruise I actually found a suit that fits my boobs. (Usually cant find any bathing suits that are cute that I am not afraid of bending over and flashing everyone)

Hurray! I'm so happy you found something! I'm so excited about my suits. I keep looking at them in my closet and I feel so much more confident about my cruise now.

Funny how a well fitting swimsuit can change so much! I'm actually looking forward to our snorkeling shore excursions and sunbathing. :)

Hurray! I'm so happy you found something! I'm so excited about my suits. I keep looking at them in my closet and I feel so much more confident about my cruise now.

Funny how a well fitting swimsuit can change so much! I'm actually looking forward to our snorkeling shore excursions and sunbathing. :)

Ditto what you said! i got mine today and the are soo cute that I cant wait to show them off!! dont even want a coverup!:D