Anniversary Celebration

JYL

:confused: We're leaving Sat., if we're having a bottle of Asti to celebrate and happen to be at a table with alot of other people, what to do? If we share, we only get one glass, yet it seems rude not to offer? How have other people handled this?

Also, if we bring our own bottle and they uncork it I understand there's an uncorking fee, but can we also give it to them days ahead so it's chilled?Thanks, JYL

If you are celebrating with a bottle of something, whether it is wine or champagne, please don't feel you have to share it with your tablemates. Let your tablemates know what you are celebrating, toast each other, and enjoy. We've always purchased our own wine from the wine steward and have never felt compelled to offer it to others. In fact, at times I don't even drink wine, so my husband simply orders it by the glass. Happy Anniversary!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks ger_77, it's our first cruise and I'm suddenly nervous about the etiquette on board, I guess if it were another couple I wouldn't expect to be included...

Thanks again, JYL:rolleyes:

There was a time when we sat at large tables as well as tables for 4 and were never offered anything from the other people. So after a while we got in the same habit.

You are not oblegated to share your bottle of bubbly with anyone.

And if you don't bring your own bottle on board, and order something from your wine steward there is not charge.

Some of the lines have gone a little overboard with charging up to $15 a bottle to uncork a bottle that did not come from their stock.

You should be able to get a bottle of Asti on the ship at a very reasonable price.

That has always been our favorite for our anniversary celebrations. You didn't say what cruiseline you are sailing with. If it's Princess, you can ask for a table for 2 if you chose personal choice. That way it will be all the more romantic for you.

Mary

Hi JYL,

This is your first cruise and an anniversary how exciting. I would love to meet you guys on the ship. Our favorite is Asti Spumante too. Did you really like the International Mall. It is my oldest daughters favorite mall(she lives across the street). The restaurants are great too, especially the Bamboo Club and The Cheesecake Factory. Well, only 5 more days till our fabulous cruise. I have so much to do before then. You will love it. It is really addictive and so beautiful. I'm trying to get all four of my kids to say Bon Voyage at the dock as we sail away(an impossiblity all 4 at the same time and the same place).Well, if you have any questions you can email or call me. I'm still quite a novice but since I have been reading these boards I'm becoming quite knowledgable quite fast.These veteran cruisers are awesome and have great tips that I have written down and will use.Well, you have a great week and thanks for all your advice. See you at sea!!!!!! Libby:p ;) :) :rolleyes:

Krazy Kruizers, thanks for easing my mind, experience does help! How many cruises have you been on, and which line do you prefer?

maryevelyn, do you have any recollection of what a bottle might go for? I hate spending more for things than they're worth. Although it would be nice not having to shlep the bottle and get it chilled. We're going on RCCL, and I like the idea of a romantic table for two, but what to do with our 12 year old daughter?, I know, I know, you thought we were alone, but we're not...

xyzjo: Libby...I love your name. There are some great photos of the Splendour on cruiseclues.com, the ship looks really nice. The cruise seemed like it would never get here, now all of a sudden I feel like I don't have enough time to get everything together. :eek: That would be great if all your kids come out, you can have your own private party. Speaking of which, are you signed up for the Meet and Mingle? I wonder if we got enough people. You're on deck 7 if I remember correctly? we are too in an aft cabin...I hope we get a chance to meet also. Are you doing shore excursions? We haven't booked anything, we're just going to wait till the ports and see what's available. I am sooo excited! Sorry for rambling... JYL

I don't believe it was much more than $20.00. We thought it was a good buy.

I just checked the site and it has $24 for the price if you are sending as a gift.

I'm not sure if it's the same for the dining room. I know it's cheaper at home, but if the bottle breaks, what a mess and you will be out the $, too.

Mary

Archived