Hurricane Season

seamare

Just booked the CP for September 30 - tried to do this cruise two years ago during the same week but had to cancel because it was being delayed a couple of days due to a hurricane. Am I crazy to try it again - its a wonderful deal - oh to have a crystal ball! Anyone else out there optimistic like I am?

Hurricane season is the best time to cruise. I had a ball last year in Dennis and Wilma. Sorry, I must admit to enjoying rough weather and high seas. I am strange in other ways too.;)

H. Season is a crapshoot. The crew will never put you in danger. If you are willing to accept itinerary changes you can find some great bargains. Dennis caused a change to Progreso that allowed a visit to Chichen Itza. We missed Key West due to Wilma but gained a long stay in Nassau allowing for a nighttime visit to Atlantis. So long as the cruise isn't cancelled you can still have fun.

wilma.jpg

As long as you're flexible and willing to go with the flow, go for it. Anyone cruising during hurricane season should know that dates can change, itineraries can change, there could be no sun, rough seas, etc. That's why the rates are relatively low.

Just booked the CP for September 30 - tried to do this cruise two years ago during the same week but had to cancel because it was being delayed a couple of days due to a hurricane. Am I crazy to try it again - its a wonderful deal - oh to have a crystal ball! Anyone else out there optimistic like I am?

Sea Princess departs NY on 9/28 for a Canadian cruise and will not be in the Caribbean.

Sea Princess departs NY on 9/28 for a Canadian cruise and will not be in the Caribbean.
Chances are that the OP assumed that the abbreviation for the Caribbean Princess would be "CP," not taking into account that there's also the Coral and Crown Princess and that the official designation for the Caribbean Princess is "CB."

We cruised last August out of New Orleans. We got our cruise in before Hurricane Katrina. The waters in the Gulf will be warmer this year according to our local weather forcaster. Google the Hurricane Weather service for more info. You never know when these hurricanes will pop up.

Archived