Hurricane tracking websites

We're approaching the "season" and as a September-cruiser for the last several years, I like watching the weather and tracking the storms as they start acrosst the Atlantic from Africa. Last year there were a couple of good websites I used that I got from other posters on this board. Here's one, but I know there are others (that I liked better) but I've lost them. http://www.hurricanecenter.com

Does anyone have other hurricane tracking websites? Thanks.

-Te

As that is one of our favorite times for travel (due to pricing), the downside is taking your chances on the weather. Not many problems -- few high seas and bouncing, but not for very long.

However, one of my coworkers left on Rhapsody of the Seas yesterday -- he was worried about the Gulf from Galveston to Key West. ;) ... and that was before Bonnie!

Bookit

Its not the waves/rocking that bother me (I have been on cruises with extremely high seas before), but it is the fact if the huricane/ts is near gavelston our cruise may be cancelled :(!

But like you said, it is a gamble with booking in aug/sep.. I guess you win some and lose some!

Thank you, everyone. That was exactly what I was looking for. Cruiseman_tx, I really like intellicast.com.

I've done hurricanes before on cruises. They either skip a port and you bob around in the gulf for a few days or they take a different itinerary. I've been delayed in getting back into Miami because of weather (only a few hours) but I've never had one cancelled because of a hurricane. Once when we were supposed to stay longer in the Bahamas, the harbor master sent our ship out early because Gloria was approaching and the ship could potentially damage the dock. We got a little rain and the ship rocked noticeably, but I thought that was cool. Made me feel like I was really at sea. These days, the ships are so big, I feel like I'm strolling my local mall most of the time and never feel any motion. Knock on wood. I've probably just jinxed our trip in September!

-Te

Firefighterhoop, it looks like you will be ok out of Galveston Sunday. It may be a little rough on the way to KW, but it should be making landfall around Alabama about the time you are boarding. If you were going out of New Orleans, it would be another story, they will probably get delayed one day.

I like http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT03/refresh/AL0304W5+GIF/100918W5.gif:)

Archived