Hurricane Jeanne

jhewitt

I just received an email from Puertorican, a member and poster on this board that the eye was passing over them at the time of his email. Trees were down but his family is safe. Said that two cruise ships were stranded in San Juan bay, didn't say which ones. Lots of wind and rain, fortuneatly not as strong as Ivan...... yet!

Sure hope this stuff ends pretty darn soon!!!!

-jon-

My hubby is currently searching for his map of the Caribbean, as we're due to sail out of Ft. Lauderdale Saturday afternoon enroute-ultimately- to St. Thomas -American Virgin Island. Our first trick will be to get out of Ft. Lauderdale. Hubby seems to think we might be able to stay south towards Honduras-or-we'll head west like the others before us and try to put in at Key West and Montego Bay. The mission of our group is just to get on the Ship-if it gets into port on time.So far ETA is 7:00AM Saturday-Caribbean Princess. As we go south, Jeanne is heading north, aimed at Ft. Lauderdale-as of tonight. The Golden Princess travels out of San Juan-usually leaves on a Sunday or Monday.

Lynne

OK - so our big CC group (the Sea Bees) is suppose to be heading off on the Caribbean Princess on Saturday the 18th. Based on the current path of this storm who wants to make predictions whether or not we will change from east to west?

Does anyone think it would be possible to start going west, down around cuba and still make our eastern ports?

Just get me on the boat - park it off cuba somewhere - i don't care! As long as we are cruising in 2 days.

Andrew

From this morning's graphic, I would say that once, and if, you can get out of Fort Lauderdale, you should be fine with the Eastern Carb itinerary. Jeanne will have passed the Eastern Caribbean, and I don't think you'll have a problem with that area, unless of course something else pops up between now and then. This season has been whacko!

On another board, a poster in Puerto Rico on emergency power reported 5 deaths so far. . . 3.5 million people without power. . . island center and mountain areas unreachable due to roads and bridges washed out. . .LMM airport and most stores have reopened and most hotels are okay. . .water not functioning in some places but communications survived well.

Archived