Use of Travel Insurance -for those who had extended days on the ship due to hurricane

Coral

I saw a posting on the RCCL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=85601

Someone spent 2 extra days on the RCCL Mariner due to the hurricane and was unable to return to the port on time (thus incurring extra expenses on the ship).

Their insurance is covering extra gratuities on the ship, cab fare to airport, etc... Those of you who spent 9 days on the Caribbean Princess may want to look into this. I would not have thought of this.

I was one of the people on the Mariner and during that two extra days I had to buy hubby 2 pair of shorts since we ran out of clean clothes. Also had to buy shirts. We also had drinks and tipped extra. I am calling my insurance and see if they will let me file a claim. Good thing that I saved all my reciepts. One other reason to get travel insurance.

Lisa :cool:

Good point Dosi. Hadn't thought of that. Either way, I am sure it spells out what is covered in the policy and I would doubt they would cover new if laundry is available. I didn't mean to say that the insurance should pay for new. Just more fun getting new than doing laundry. lol

Archived