did you take on liquor aboard the Tahitian Princess??????

Lyndihop

We leave in a few weeks, and want to take some pre-mix drinks. Since we have not ever sailed Princess, I'm not sure if it's a problem to "smuggle" liquor.

Where do you suggest we pack our "goods". Or do they not even check...

We leave in a few weeks, and want to take some pre-mix drinks. Since we have not ever sailed Princess, I'm not sure if it's a problem to "smuggle" liquor.

Where do you suggest we pack our "goods". Or do they not even check...[/

QUOTE]

Put your liquor in your suitcase, well packed of course. Only carry ons are checked.

No way we would chance packing any liquor for the trip to Tahiti for the chance it might get broken. We just ordered bottles from room service once onboard the ship. Sure was easier to just pick up the phone once onboard, most items were $20 liter.

I'm not to concerned about breakage, since we are planning on bringing plastic bottles. I thought to be on the safe side, I would put them into baggies.

So, do you think they would find the liquor in my luggage? If so what do they do??

I just got back from the cruise and I bought a bottle in LAX and then put it into my suitcase before we handed the suitcase over to Princess. The bag was later delivered to my stateroom with the bottle still in it. When you get on the boat every day you need to put your carry on bag/purse/camera through their xray machine so I would think they would see the alcohol then. You should be fine with it in your suitcase though. Have fun!!

We were on the Tahitian Princess a couple of years ago. I bought some Hinano Beer in town before we sailed and just carried it on board in the grocery bag and nothing was said about it. It sure was cheaper then the beer on board.

Archived