Majesty pictures? and info...

Hello!

Does anyone have any pictures of the Majesty they'd be willing to share? I'm especially interested in the view out of an obstructed window. We're right at the end of a lifeboat (870-viking deck) and I'm wondering if I can expect any light even... pictures of the port side lifeboats from outside would be good too, or anything else you want :p

Also, anyone have recent input on either the ship being smokey or the water brown? I've read all the reviews I can get my hands on, and I'm going to have a wonderful time regardless, just curious what the most recent feedback is.:)

Thanks very much!

Meredith

Hi Meredith,

It is funny that you ask that! Hope this helps. I also have been searching for Majesty pics. Just last night I was on a site that had a pic of an inside obstructed view cabin on Majesty and I even think that it was on 8th deck too. I am sorry I can't direct you right to it but if you have some time to search....Go to"www.cruiseclues.com" then click on "shipstips". This will give you a list of ships. If you click on NCL Majesty alot of info pops up only about the Majesty. Now, I know that that pic was not on webshots but they do have a lot of pics there too. Just search NCL Majesty. I will try to backtrack and locate pic for you but this will give you an idea of where to search anyway.

Happy cruisin!

Patti

Thanks! I think I found the one you mean, the view out of room 828. I'm thinking based on an outside picture, that I might be in some sort of luck... it doesn't look as though my view is really all that obstructed, my window should be right inbetween the ends of two lifeboats, but it looks like I'm actually under the boat, not behind it. As long as there is light, I don't really care, just really curious.

Thanks for the help, that's a great link!

Anyone have any thoughts on the water/smoke issues?

Thanks!

Meredith

Just wanted to let you all know that we are booked for our fourth cruise on the Majesty July 25th out of Boston. Just want to say how much we have enjoyed our previous 3 cruises on the Majesty (10/01, 10/02, 7/03) and are looking forward to our 4th -- our 27th anniversary! I REALLY tried to talk DH into a different cruise -- still on NCL, but at least a different ship -- but after alot of research, we couldn't beat the price on the Majesty! Maybe next year! So if anyone has questions about the Majesty, I'm sure we can help you out! For a change, we are on deck 8 instead of our usual 3 or 4 -- should be interesting, though we have an obstructed view cabin.

However, here's one question if anyone can answer, and something we've never run into -- we are thinking about taking our golf clubs, and someone told us that the ship will store them for us? Anyone know anything about this? Is this particular to the Majesty? This is the first time we've thought about taking golf clubs (I am new to the game). Can't tell you how much we are looking forward to this trip!

Is there a problem with storing your clubs in your room? They do provide other storage for free but that check in/check out each time you want to putt one off the back of ship gets old quick.

There's no where to putt off the Majesty, and we're in one of the smallest (108SF) outside staterooms, I just figured we didn't need anything else to try to stuff under the beds. The only time we'd need the clubs is when we're getting off the boat to play, and chances are, we'd have a tee time scheduled, so we'd just have to let "whoever" know to have our clubs by the exit. It's expensive to play in Bermuda anyway, so we will probably only play once or twice, but, being left handed, I'd prefer to use my own clubs.

Even in the larger staterooms, unless you have a suite, there wouldn't be much room for golf clubs. The golf bags are way too big. I would just have the ship store them for you. Much easier. I'm sure you could let them know the night before that you would like your clubs in the morning. Have a great time on #4!

First off I wouldn't be taking all my clubs, only the ones I can get by with to reduce the weight. If they are in the golf bag it will stand up nicely in most any corner in the room so I don't see how that could take up much room.

Drap a ship towel over them if wife thinks it looks bad sitting there all the time or put some flowers out of the top of it to make it look like a huge flower vase.

I don't trust my Pings in anybody's care but mine.

We are considering this ship for next summer to Bermuda. I was on RCCL in April and had a small cabin, 119 sq ft for just me and the hubby. We will be traveling next summer with two teenagers. I am concerned about the cabin sizes. Has anyone ever had 4 in an inside cabin? Also, the Majesty only docks in St. George. How easy or difficult is it to get to the other areas of Bermuda?

Thanks for any answers

You can travel all over Bermuda by bus or taxi. There is a ferry that runs between the Dockyard and St George.

We will be on the Majesty for the 2nd time next month and we will have 4, 2 adults and 2 kids in a catagory D, superior ocean view room. I think they are the same size as a superior inside room. We werent too crowded last time, we never put the bottom beds together. (it wasnt the most romantic week), but we had plenty of room. Unless you spend alot of time in the room you should be all set.

The only problem is shower times, we have the kids take them at night and the adults in the am.

I have heard of people with quads using the shower facilities in the fitness center. That could be an option if you all want to shower at the same time.

Patty

• 3 months later...

I recently saw a large picture someone posted from the Majesty, it may have been on CruiseClues.com, but have not been able to find it. Anyone happen to know where such a picture might be?

We are considering an obstructed view on Deck 8, and would appreciate any additional information.

Tom:

We were on the Majesty in July, in an obstructed view stateroom on deck 8. We were in 872 (mid-aft port side) which is listed as obstructed view, however the lifeboats from just aft of the mid-section of the ship to the rear are "shorter" (for lack of a better defininition) than the lifeboats forward, so we really didn't have an obstructed view -- you had to stand at the window and look up to see the lifeboat.

Great place to be on the ship -- convenient to EVERYTHING! We highly recommend it, and when we book our next cruise on the Majesty (probably next June -- we'll see what kind of deal we get while we're on the Dawn) we WILL book on deck 8 again!

Archived