Wine Packages Back?

Seapup

I heard that the packages are back and looked on the RCI site. Sure enought they are there. A few questions for those that have had them...

1. Does it have to be consumed at dinner? We may want Champagne in the Champagne Bar or with our breakfast...

2. Is it on all ships? I see some listed and some not. I will be on Grandeur in late August.

3. Where do you sign up for it?

Not sure about question 1&2 but we bought our wine package just outside the Windjammer right after we boarded.

We were on our way in to get a bite of lunch and there was a table set up with all of the info. Not very crowded yet so we didn't have to wait in line or anything. We took the Gold pkg and enjoyed it with dinner each night.

You can use it in Chops & Portifinos also.

Dont hold me to this, it is from another post from June that I found.

GOLD PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $113

7 BOTTLES $158

10 BOTTLES $226

12 BOTTLES $273

SPARKLING

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Semillon-Chardonnay, Lindemans-Bin 77

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra

White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi

RED WINES

Beaujolais Villages, George duBoeuf

Cabernet Sauvignon, Stone Cellars, Beringer

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Shiraz, Footprint

PLATINUM PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $125

7 BOTTLES $173

10 BOTTLES $250

12 BOTTLES $299

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Rioja, Faustino VII

Shiraz, Footprint

Zinfandel, Cline

DIAMOND PACKAGE

5 BOTTLES $137

7 BOTTLES $189

10 BOTTLES $274

12 BOTTLES $329

SPARKLING

Argyle, Brut

Korbel, Brut

WHITE WINES

Chardonnay, Meridian Vineyards

Organic Cardonnay, Badger Mountain, Estate Grown

Johannesburg Riesling, Chateau St. Michelle

Pinot Grigio, Danzante

White Zinfandel, Beringer

RED WINES

Carmenere, Arboleda

Merlot, Robert Mondavi Private Selection

Merlot, Vina Tarapaca

Pinot Noir, Beringer Founder's Estate

Rioja, Faustino VII

Shiraz, Footprint

Shiraz, Rosemount Estate

Zinfandel, Cline

We were on the Grandeur last week and we purchased a wine package, 5 bottles for about $110. We were given a card at our fisrt dinner in the dining room and were able to order off the wine menu the rest of the week (our choice of certain wines - they were all good). Whatever you don't use, they save for you for the next evening. Pretty good deal, I thought.

I have a similar thread that I started today because I didn't see this one. If anyone knows the answers to my questions in the "wine package questions" thread I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

We used the wine package as recently as April aboard the Radiance. We were told we could order each bottle in the dining room or specialty restaurants but we were "discouraged" from ordering from room service. Apparently, this is because they have to go through the wine steward--apparently he has the key to the cellars and is not always available. I'm not sure if this is the case on all ships (or even if it's true) but I can't see how it would hurt you to ask when you get on board.

You can, however, take whatever is left of your bottle from the dining room to consume wherever (your cabin, lounges, strolling the deck, etc.) In our experience, the waiters encourage you to do this. As they constantly tell us, you paid for it--enjoy! I don't imagine there's anything preventing you from ordering a bottle at dinner, not drinking it there, and saving it for a romantic sip on the balcony at some other time. Just don't forget to take your glasses with you.

It's been quite a few years since we've sailed the Grandeur, but they did have the wine package, too. There, we signed up at dinner the first night, but all other ships we've gone to the table outside the Windammer.

Hope this helps.

I'd like to know what the wine packages are, too! Sounds like you can pre-purchase 5 bottles at different quality levels before boarding? For cabin or dinner, or both?

thanks,

jim

Unfortunately all of these wines are of the same quality, Normal prices between 5.99 - 9.99 per bottle, at least that's what it costs in Chicago.

Just returned from AOS and we utilized the wine package. You could choose from various numbers of bottles of wine in three catergories (gold, platinum and diamond I think) for example we had 5 bottles from the highest package (most premium wines) we could not choose a lesser wine. We signed up outside of windjammer on the first day and I also saw a stand on the promenade. No one gave us any problems ordering bottles outside of the dining room. we were told that we could orders bottles in any bar or have them delivered to our room. RCI does not permit you to walk around with an open bottle of wine so if you do get a bottle with dinner and do not finish it, they will keep it for you for tomorrow.

We ordered the Diamond 5 bottle package on the Jewel in April from a table outside the Windjammer after our lunch on embarkation day. I did notice at dinner that night too the information on the table. We used it both in the dining room and when we went to Chops and Portofino. Another friend on the same sailing did it to and they had theirs delivered to their cabin.

Susan :)

Archived