Went on our honeymoon on the enchantment

We loved it. It was great. The only thing we hated about the trip was Belize. We will never go back there.

We are planning another cruise for Nov. 2005 on the Enchantment. We want to see the STRETCH and see how they make it better.

Have any of you been to Ochos Rio, Jamaica? What did you think about it?

Have any of you been to George Town, Grand Cayman? What did you think about it?

Thanks,

The newlywed-- Shelley Sehl

We just did the same trip Feb 28th and Belize is defintely 3rd world status. I have heard the snorkeling is wonderful. We took a long trip to the zoo and saw some hairy pigs. It was hot and humid. Had a guide to explain various things along the way. Lunch at Wet Lizard. Glad to live in USA.

Linda

Slimshell - I was just on the Enchantment last week. We were on the Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman route.

We booked our own tours in both ports. Used Orville Taylor in Ocho Rios - highly recommend him. He picked us up at the dock and took us to Dunns River Falls. We climbed the falls and then he took us to Mahagoney Beach for a few hours. He waited for us and then took us to a wonderful restaurant for lunch that was on a cliff overlooking the beach/ocean. Food was great. He then took us shopping on the way back to the pier. His cost is only US$15 per person for the entire day. This does not include the $10 entrance fee to Dunns River Falls though.

Here is Orville's website:

http://www.geocities.com/orvilletay/

Email him and he will get back to you in a few days. He's great!

In Grand Cayman we booked with Soto's Tours for the snorkel and stingray city tour. I personally didn't do either - just went along for the boat ride. But my boyfriend loved it. Swimming with the stingrays is a must in Grand Cayman. The cost of this tour was either $30 or $35 per person. It's about 2.5 hours long. After that we went to the Hyatt on Seven Mile Beach. We had lunch there and relaxed on the beach. Grabbed a cab for $3 each back to the pier. We did a little shopping before tendering back to the Enchantment. There's lots of shopping right in town by the pier.

Here is Soto's website:

http://www.sotoscruises.com/

If you want to see any pictures of the Falls in Jamaica or of the Soto's tour, post your email address and I'll send you my pictures. Both islands are really beautiful. A lot of people don't like Jamaica b/c they are very pushy about getting you to buy things. But if you just walk with your head down and say "No thanks" you'll be fine. The island is really beautiful!

My last cruise was the same one you just took! (I was on my honeymoon as well.) We enjoyed Belize quite a bit. Although it's the first port I've EVER been in that I was on the ship BEFORE "last tender"... we had fun. We took a half-day snorkle trip that was nothing short of incredible! I even got to snorkle like they show in the brochures (NO VEST! WOOHOO!) I'm QUITE a swimmer and feel restricted by a vest, so I LOVED the freedom. The coral was unlike anything I'd ever seen before in my life and I spotted my first barracuda! :)

After snorkling and a rum-punch sail back, we went into the little shopping area. We ate at the Wet Lizard and had this really amazing chip and dip seafood stuff that was AWESOME and Belikin beer that only tasted good because we were hot. got a neat souvie glass though.

After that, we looked through some of the shops and I got the COOLEST little locking mystery jewelry box that's my favorite souvie ever! We then hired a taxi driver for a very reasonable price and he took us around Belize City. He took us into his church to see the AMAZING mahognany (spelling?) structure, around the U.S. Embassy, and to a few other interesting points in town. He customized it really well! Alfred Humus was his name, just in case you head back... :D

I am one of the few that can say the only thing I could say could've been better (even though everything was magical...) was the ship. I actually had better food, service, and found more to do on the MAJESTY than the Enchantment. Maybe the smaller ship is more my style. I'm on the Mariner next, so we'll see about THAT size.

I've been to Jamaica and LOVED EVERY SECOND! Climb Dunn's River Falls. The snorkling isn't fabulous, but not bad. The Pottery Plant is really neat, too! When I was there, it isn't the nicest, cleanest, friendliest place in the world (i.e. not like Cozumel where any and all are accepted) but it's fun! It just depends what you choose to do in the city!

The Jamaica destination board has a lot of good tips and ideas for time in Ochi. HAVE FUN if you go. I'll be there the day before Thanksgiving! Grand Cayman on Turkey Day! :D

Archived