Copehagen port to Nyhavn

kadey

We will be ending our cruise in Copenhagen and will have about 24 hours until our plane to return home. I'd like to make the most of this short time. I have never felt more confused about transportation in all our travels! Could you please help me plan the best way from the port to our hotel in Nyhavn. We will have too many heavy suitcases and carry on bags and would like to just grab a cab but that doesn't seem to be the way it's done there! Please help me with the options Thank you!

That I don't understand, there should be enough taxies so why that shouldn't be the way togo I don't understand.

As you don't give a date of your arrival I can't tell if there is a regular bus route 26 because they don't drive to Nordhavn in weekends and public holidays.

But else you just take the bus 26 cruise shuttle that only goes to Østerport station, from here you take the regular bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads.

Then you get off at Kongrns Nytorv and you will find Nyhavn just next to it.

I don't understand what you mean by saying that's not the way it's done there. We went from the port to our hotel near Nyhavn by taxi and there were loads of taxis waiting at the port. In fact, we had to queue for some minutes. I think you have been misinformed about Copenhagen and taxis!

Thank you! Thank you! It seems I have been misinformed! We are arriving on Serenade of the Seas on May 9. I had heard it was difficult to get a taxi. That would be our preference. Thank you again for taking the time to straighten me out!

Thank you! Thank you! It seems I have been misinformed! We are arriving on Serenade of the Seas on May 9. I had heard it was difficult to get a taxi. That would be our preference. Thank you again for taking the time to straighten me out!

The line to get a taxi can be long. We did wait over an hour but we wanted a 'station' car, which takes four people plus luggage. You are fortunate that there is only your ship (our ship, as we are on it in June) the day you arrive. Had there been more the story would have been different.

For information you can pay by credit card, but must ask/tell the drive when you get in the taxi; otherwise cash is required - Danish Krone not Euros.

The line to get a taxi can be long. We did wait over an hour but we wanted a 'station' car, which takes four people plus luggage. You are fortunate that there is only your ship (our ship, as we are on it in June) the day you arrive. Had there been more the story would have been different.

For information you can pay by credit card, but must ask/tell the drive when you get in the taxi; otherwise cash is required - Danish Krone not Euros.

Thank you Roysmith99. At least I will know and will prepare myself for a wait at the taxi line!