National Express - timing question

I will be arriving at London Heathrow Terminal 5 on 31 May on British Airways, arriving at 9:10am. I'm considering taking the 12pm National Express to Southampton Coach Station, since the earlier one departs at 10:15am and I think that's too early, am I correct in assuming this?

In addition, when I return on the Anthem on 13 June, we arrive at 5:30am, but as we seasoned cruisers know, we're not going to realistically be off the ship until after at least 8am. There are two times I'm considering booking for my return back to Heathrow: 9:45am and 11:30am. I'm leaning towards the later departure just so I don't have to rush about after gathering our luggage, hiring a taxi, etc.

Would you book these two times? 12pm Heathrow Terminal 5 to Southampton Coach Station with an 11:30am return Southampton Coach Station to Heathrow Terminal 5? Or should I book the 9:45am return trip instead?

Forgot to mention that our flight home isn't until 5:05pm, so we don't need to be at Heathrow that early.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Meishie

You may get through Heathrow in an hour, or even less, always assuming you flight is not late, but I would say your assumption is correct. Book the midday coach.

The same applies to the return. You can have a nice breakfast on the ship and take your time. There is no point in arriving at Heathrow too early.

Agree with Bob. You might make the earlier coach at LHR, but you will easily make the 12pm one, so no point stressing out at the baggage carousel! On the return, I think the latest you can get breakfast on disembarkation day is 9am, so if you get in just before that, say out at 0930, through immigration etc by 1030 will give you just an hour to kill before your coach leaves at 1130. I'd go with both of those.

Simon

Thank you Bob and Simon!

I went ahead and booked the 12pm and the 11:30am.

Just a note to others who may be interested in taking National Express in the future: buy your tickets as soon as you're firm with your times and dates! I priced this route originally in the beginning of the month and as the seats have been sold the price has increased. I wound up only having to pay about £3 more (for round trip tickets for two adults) than the price I originally printed out when planning, but I still think it's a tip worth passing along. It's common sense perhaps, the closer to departure the higher the cost (yes, only £3 for me) but hey, you never know ☺

Thank you Bob and Simon!

I went ahead and booked the 12pm and the 11:30am.

Just a note to others who may be interested in taking National Express in the future: buy your tickets as soon as you're firm with your times and dates! I priced this route originally in the beginning of the month and as the seats have been sold the price has increased. I wound up only having to pay about £3 more (for round trip tickets for two adults) than the price I originally printed out when planning, but I still think it's a tip worth passing along. It's common sense perhaps, the closer to departure the higher the cost (yes, only £3 for me) but hey, you never know ☺

Smart choice neighbor.

Cheers

Len