Carnival Reception Hors D'oeuvres

There are actually a total of 4 menus. You can pick and choose and mix and match, the only criteria is that you get 6 hot and 5 cold or 5 hot and 6 cold. I know that doesn't answer you question but it does give you more options.

If you send me your email I'll be happy to send copies of the alternate menus.

ImaginationCruiseBride I would so appreciate these menus as well! jamiee321@yahoo.com Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked our signature cocktail (was told could only have 1) we chose blushing bride. Picked our cake flavors, top tier vanilla with strawberry and second tier carrot cake with cream cheese. And swapped out 2 items on the menu, the California roll for titi shrimp salad and the lamb empanadas for the beef franks in a blanket...I think im done! :D

There are actually a total of 4 menus. You can pick and choose and mix and match, the only criteria is that you get 6 hot and 5 cold or 5 hot and 6 cold. I know that doesn't answer you question but it does give you more options.

Could you possibly send me the menus as well? My email is beanieh@gmail.com thank you so much!!

Well...Our wedding has come and gone - It was fantastic. I will post a review in the next week or so, but thought I would post here about our hors d'oeuvres choices (since i started the thread a long while ago). Unfortunately I didn't get pictures. Our wedding reception was supposed to be 1 1/2 hours but I think it was cut short slightly due to the ship arriving late. The time flew by.

I asked most of my guests to let me know their thoughts on the food so I can post some info. I didn't get a chance to eat until after pictures. The reception was way too short. Ask your hostess/coordinator to have some of the leftovers sent to your stateroom. That is what we did...this way we could taste the food.

Cold Apps - We switched out the Proscuitto/melon for the Titi shrimp salad

• Roast Beef & Brie Cheese Canape - Good. Nothing special but no complaints.
  • Stuffed Egg Canape - Everyone thought it was gross. Not one person liked it. I thought it was going to be like a deviled egg. Well it kind of looked like that but didn't taste like it. Must be an acquired taste.
  • California Sushi Rolls - The best of the cold apps. They had to refill the tray. Then again, my family loves sushi. These are not raw (not sashimi). It is rice, cream cheese, imitation crab, and avocado.
  • Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese - Its ok. Not the best quality salmon but definitely not bad. Many guests liked it.
  • Titi Shrimp Salad on scalloped cracker - ok. It was shrimp salad on a cracker. exactly as the name says. Nothing fancy but tasted ok.

Hot Apps - We switched out the Chicken Brochette for the Chicken Balls on Fire.

• Stuffed Mushrooms - These were pretty tasty. Fried mushrooms stuffed with a little cheese (not much blue cheese).
  • Chicken nuggets - These were very good. All the adults liked them. Actual meat-not pressed together nuggets like at McD. Definatley a good choice.
  • Lamb Empanadas - Nice mexican touch.
  • Spanakopita - These were a little soggy. Not flakey as anticipated. We were disappointed.
  • Spring Rolls - exactly as they are in the main dining room. If you like the app in the main dining room, these are sure to please. Not overly greasy.
  • Chicken Balls on Fire - loved these. Basically it is a spicy chicken meatball (i guess that is how to describe it. It isn't saucy so don't worry about getting hot sauce on you. Has good flavor with a kick. Not overly spicy but a little heat.

So that is my take on the apps we chose.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

First CONGRATS!!!

second i woukd love a copy of those menus too

sexymomma1973@gmail.com

we want to renew our vows but have an actual wedding we didnt have a wedding or a honeymoon when we got married 18 years ago. so its time..

any past brides that can help us out PLEASE do.. i heard Carnival has chapels but i cant find any??

hello

First CONGRATS!!!

second i woukd love a copy of those menus too

sexymomma1973@gmail.com

we want to renew our vows but have an actual wedding we didnt have a wedding or a honeymoon when we got married 18 years ago. so its time..

any past brides that can help us out PLEASE do.. i heard Carnival has chapels but i cant find any??

Carnival has chapels on their Spirit Class Ship - Legend, Miracle, Pride, & Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

Is fruit a standard item or does it count towards 1 of the 5 cold items we get? I have copies of all of the menus and it's not listed anywhere so I was just curious. Right now here are our choices (assuming fruit is 1 of the 5 choices):

Cold:

Fruit??

Assorted Veggie sticks with dips (on the vegan menu)

Assorted sushi with condiments

Chicken apple salad on crackers

Shrimp salad on crackers

Hot:

Chicken Nuggets

Spring Rolls

Stuffed Mushrooms

Batter-fried Shrimp

Beef Franks in a blanket

Chicken Brochette OR Spicy chicken drummettes?

I have been to a wedding on a Carnival ship (she just used the standard menu) and loved most all of the hot options I tried, it was the cold ones that were lacking! Any thoughts on the cold ones I have listed above?

• 2 weeks later...
Is fruit a standard item or does it count towards 1 of the 5 cold items we get? I have copies of all of the menus and it's not listed anywhere so I was just curious. Right now here are our choices (assuming fruit is 1 of the 5 choices):

Cold:

Fruit??

Assorted Veggie sticks with dips (on the vegan menu)

Assorted sushi with condiments

Chicken apple salad on crackers

Shrimp salad on crackers

Hot:

Chicken Nuggets

Spring Rolls

Stuffed Mushrooms

Batter-fried Shrimp

Beef Franks in a blanket

Chicken Brochette OR Spicy chicken drummettes?

I have been to a wedding on a Carnival ship (she just used the standard menu) and loved most all of the hot options I tried, it was the cold ones that were lacking! Any thoughts on the cold ones I have listed above?

The fruit is not part of the five cold items. It is in addition to your choice. I have heard it is standard, but I just mentioned to our wedding rep that we wanted the fruit trays and fruit cups. I was told by our coordinator that she has seen a cheese tray as well.

I thought about the spicy drummettes. We decided against them because they were saucy. We love wings but I didn't want my wedding party to have wing sauce on their shirts since pictures are also taken after the reception.

• 2 months later...

Congrats! Do you still have those menus handy? If so I would a copy! If not, no worries! Jessica.reed@outlook.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I please get a copy of the 4 menus as well?

jhanvibhatt18@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...