Two Pacific Tropical Disturbances on Accuweather???

Notion_of_the_Ocean

http://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/east-pacific This site is showing two tropical disturbances on the Pacific map. We are leaving for Hawaii in 10 days. Can any local experts here chime in to say whether or not this will likely be something to worry about? Thanks!

Aloha :D

Very rarely do these tropical disturbances amount to anything in Hawaiian waters. There must be 15-20 of them every year and most years the worst one might give us some decent rain. Most of the time they don't even amount to a heavy shower. In Hawaii, we say if it's raining outside, wait 5 minutes and check again. The normal winds almost always blow the rain & clouds away.

When I used to golf, I didn't even bother opening my umbrella unless it was a heavy shower. The rest of the time, I just kept playing, because the time it took to take the umbrella off my bag, open it, shake it out, close it up, and re-attach it to my bag was longer than the time I needed it. Remember it is warm in Hawaii so it might feel damp, but almost never wet and cold. Many times the showers feel refreshing.

Watching Honolulu's KGMB there is no mention of any severe weather heading here although a chance of some rain next weekend.

Here's a link to the best website I've found for Hawaii weather:

http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/glenns-daily-weather-narrative/

If you have a mobile device, the free Hawaii Weather Now app is also helpful but has fewer details than the Hawaii Weather Today website.

We need the tradewinds back after 4 days of record high temperatures in Kahului. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Our flight is a week from Tuesday. Will these likely be out of the area by then?

Weather forecasts only are 10 days in advance but if you read that weather forecast the meteorologist isn't overly concerned about it. Last summer 2 hurricanes approached a few days apart & here in South Maui it wasn't a major event.

I don't know where you're flying from but I'd be more concerned about weather delays on the Mainland. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

The 1st disturbance had no effect & the one tomorrow is forecasted to pass north of Hawaii.

They're forecasting a busy tropical storm season but that does not mean it will severely affect the Islands. The link I posted is a good source for me to check for weather forecasts.

The 1st disturbance had no effect & the one tomorrow is forecasted to pass north of Hawaii.

They're forecasting a busy tropical storm season but that does not mean it will severely affect the Islands. The link I posted is a good source for me to check for weather forecasts.

I was just going to post that I thought the 1st disturbance meant we had some rain and the second one means we might have some more rain. Nothing really noticeable.

I have been checking the link posted above several times a day and it has been a great help. Thank you! I hope the tropical storms stay away for a while. :D

Glad that it's helpful for you although the line of storms along the equator sure looks impressive but thankfully severe storms usually stay south of Hawaii.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I wouldn't be overly concerned because the last major hurricane to hit Hawaii was Inilki in 1992. Two hurricanes last summer a few days apart affected the Big Island but not too bad on the other islands.

Winter is the stormy time of year although the summer forecast is for more activity in the central Pacific. Being the drier time of year & with some places experiencing drought conditions, some summertime rainfall would be welcomed.

Edited by Astro Flyer