Puerto Princesa, Philippines

Jade13

Does anyone have a recommended tour guide they have used in Puerto Princesa, Philippines?

Thanks.

The last time we went to Puerto Princesa with Legend of the Seas, it was quite chaotic. You may want to take the ship's tour. The infrastructure isn't well developed and we were late going back to the ship. As promised, the ship waited for us.

You can read my review on my blog.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/10/puerto-princesa-palawan-philippines.html

The last time we went to Puerto Princesa with Legend of the Seas, it was quite chaotic. You may want to take the ship's tour. The infrastructure isn't well developed and we were late going back to the ship. As promised, the ship waited for us.

You can read my review on my blog.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/10/puerto-princesa-palawan-philippines.html

Thank you for this photo intensive review! We will be visiting via Legend OTS in May 2016. :)

Thank you for this photo intensive review! We will be visiting via Legend OTS in May 2016. :)

Glad you found it useful.

Do let us know whether the situation has improved. The congestion at the caves was pretty bad when we were there. Some groups didn't get to do the boat ride, which was a HUGE disappointment.

Glad you found it useful.

Do let us know whether the situation has improved. The congestion at the caves was pretty bad when we were there. Some groups didn't get to do the boat ride, which was a HUGE disappointment.

Oh I would be SO disappointed to miss out! I have persuaded others to book this excursion as well.

May I also thank you for your many posts about your home city of Singapore which I have been reading lately in preparation for a short 4-day visit there in 6 weeks time.

We have chosen the Rendezvous Hotel taking advantage of a special offer they had last month.

This is our first visit so have prebooked some activities via Viator to assist us get our bearings. The first day is a full day around island tour. Very much looking forward to our time there!

Every person that I know that has been there has glowing reports!

Gae

Oh I would be SO disappointed to miss out! I have persuaded others to book this excursion as well.

Gae

Yeah, the tour to the underground river is THE tour to take. I hope you take the ship's tour as the place is quite far away and you need the ship to wait for you in case there are any delays.

On our cruise, there were more than 15 coaches for this tour.

A tip for you - on the day of the tour, go to the meeting point on the ship as early as you can. I think they muster all all the pax for the tours at various places on the ship, and for this tour, it would likely be the biggest venue which is the theatre.

Why go early? Because you want to get yourself on the earliest bus out, at least within the first 5 buses. That way, you will get to go to the Underground caves FIRST before going to the hotel resort for lunch. It would also mean that you will have a bit more time at the underground caves (which is the highlight).

Hope this helps.

Yeah, the tour to the underground river is THE tour to take. I hope you take the ship's tour as the place is quite far away and you need the ship to wait for you in case there are any delays.

On our cruise, there were more than 15 coaches for this tour.

A tip for you - on the day of the tour, go to the meeting point on the ship as early as you can. I think they muster all all the pax for the tours at various places on the ship, and for this tour, it would likely be the biggest venue which is the theatre.

Why go early? Because you want to get yourself on the earliest bus out, at least within the first 5 buses. That way, you will get to go to the Underground caves FIRST before going to the hotel resort for lunch. It would also mean that you will have a bit more time at the underground caves (which is the highlight).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up! Yes we are taking the ship's tour so that they'll wait for us if we're running late! :)

Thanks for the heads up! Yes we are taking the ship's tour so that they'll wait for us if we're running late! :)

That's great. From the port, the underground caves are not that near so it would be wise to take a ship's tour for this one. If you can get on the first 3 buses, even better.