Port Canaveral Porters

AtlFolks

At the Port Canaveral bag drop there used to be a sign that said something like "No Tipping - the porters are paid by the cruise line". In the new RCCL terminal, I did not see that sign.

Does anyone know the current situation as to how the on-boarding porters get compensated?

Of course the guys who take your luggage and accompany you from baggage claim, through Immigration, and then to your transportation are certainly working for tips.

At the Port Canaveral bag drop there used to be a sign that said something like "No Tipping - the porters are paid by the cruise line". In the new RCCL terminal, I did not see that sign.

Does anyone know the current situation as to how the on-boarding porters get compensated?

Of course the guys who take your luggage and accompany you from baggage claim, through Immigration, and then to your transportation are certainly working for tips.

I don't recall ever seeing a add sign like that.

I was checking out a different chat thread yesterday, most of it from 2012-2013 and there was some discussion of this sign. As I understand it, it was there as the OP posted. (Some of the people posting postulated that these porters were union and were well compensated.) IDK the real reason.

I'll be cruising out of Port Canaveral in February. None of the other ports that I've sailed from had a sign like that. At least I never saw one, and many had a tip jar out.

FYI--I'm not interested in a discussion of whether to tip, how much to tip, when to tip, etc. I'm just interested if the sign is still up. Don't mean to be harsh, I just know that sometimes these threads get side tracked.