Langkawi & Phuket

ash88

Has anyone booked there own tours. We are docking in Langkawi and Phuket and thinking bout getting a taxi and doing our own tour as we do not really like the ones up for offer through RCI.

Can anyone advise if they have done this before and is it safe? Any help is greatly appreciated as we have never cruised before and wanting to get the most out of it. Thank you in advance

Hi ash

We are planning to do this for Langkawi. I haven't been there before but have travelled extensively elsewhere, including Malaysia, and it's usually pretty easy to organise. From what I've read, it's pretty straightforward with a standard ~RM120 (AUD40-50) fare for 4 hours, with many taxis waiting at the jetty when a cruise is due. Discuss the itinerary and fare before you set off!

Still researching Phuket, haven't been there before so might just wander around town.

We have been to Langkawi on a day trip before from Penang where everything was organised. So we are going to do the cable car, sky bridge, underwater world & if we get time some duty free shopping!

I am bit worried bout Phuket also. Have been there 9 years ago so don't really know what to expect!! Hoping it will be easy enough to get driver at Port. Only thing that is worrying me is the boat leaving without us!!!

We were in Phuket 2 years ago and enjoyed this destination immensely!

We booked a private tour with simba sea trips...very professional and have given us great memories to last a lifetime!

We spent an entire day on an esquisite high speed boat that took us out for awhile then stopped allowing us time to snorkel, we also stopped at James Bond Island, kayaked through caves, traveled through mangroves had a fabulous lunch and more!

check their web site: http://www.simbaseatrips.com

Also there were only 12 people on the boat, they picked us up at the cruise ship...great day!

Have fun on your cruise!