Flooding in Tampa

58Piano

We live in Fl. We are going on a cruise next week out of Tampa. Wondering where to park. A few weeks ago Tampa was flooded out. They were told to evacuate the area. I heard this on the news. So I was wondering if some open parking lot could still be muddy from this? Is it better to pay the higher fee and use the parking garage? Anyone familar with Tampa area?

We are coming from I-4 Looking for a pleasant cheap motel for the night.

Under $100 prefer under $80 with breakfast included. Any ideas?

Let me say that I live in Tampa and love it here but it is a port area. Be very careful about a hotel under $80! The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City might be close to what you are looking for. I think the parking garage will be fine.

Let me say that I live in Tampa and love it here but it is a port area. Be very careful about a hotel under $80! The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City might be close to what you are looking for. I think the parking garage will be fine.

Cindy -

Did the port area experience flooding? I have a high top conversion van and do not fit in the port garage or most garages (9' clearance). I am looking for off site parking and are considering the following: the parking doctors @ 1254 channelside drive; park4cruise @ 1054 channelside drive. Both of these lots are grass and right near the cruise terminals. Any feedback on them would be greatly appreciated.

Also I called the Quality Inn & Suites in Ybor city and was told that we could park our car there even if we are not staying with them (they do have a park and cruise package). They will provide a shuttle to and from the port. Is this an area you would leave your car?

Any opinions on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Our cruise is Dec 5th - 10th so hopefully rainy season is over.

Thanks

Cindy -

Did the port area experience flooding? I have a high top conversion van and do not fit in the port garage or most garages (9' clearance). I am looking for off site parking and are considering the following: the parking doctors @ 1254 channelside drive; park4cruise @ 1054 channelside drive. Both of these lots are grass and right near the cruise terminals. Any feedback on them would be greatly appreciated.

Also I called the Quality Inn & Suites in Ybor city and was told that we could park our car there even if we are not staying with them (they do have a park and cruise package). They will provide a shuttle to and from the port. Is this an area you would leave your car?

Any opinions on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Our cruise is Dec 5th - 10th so hopefully rainy season is over.

Thanks

Let me answer your Quality Inn question like this... Knowing what I know about the neighborhood I would not recommend it to a relative. You would be fine staying there for one short night. Very commercial/industrial/warehouse area. Would your car be locked up and secure?

Looks like there is a place called Parking Doctors that is close to the port. It is on Channelside Drive which is where the cruise docks are located. I drive a truck so I know what you mean about parking garage clearance. Any place you find close to the port will be fine to park as long as you work out the debarkation. The Channelside area is nice and going through a huge redevelopment as an upscale urban residential area. Not as big as Miami but the same sort of issues.

You will really enjoy leaving the port and going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Hope this helps.

We are looking at staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Tampa. It says it is 1 mile from the port and provides a free shuttle. We are flying in so don't need parking. Is this a safe area to walk around in the evening to go out for dinner or drinks? If so, any recommendations for dinner/drinks in that area?

We are looking at staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Tampa. It says it is 1 mile from the port and provides a free shuttle. We are flying in so don't need parking. Is this a safe area to walk around in the evening to go out for dinner or drinks? If so, any recommendations for dinner/drinks in that area?

It is an urban area near the riverfront arts area. I would stay there. Take a cab to or get the hotel to shuttle you to Ulele. Look it up! Very cool restaurant. All my friends love it.

It is an urban area near the riverfront arts area. I would stay there. Take a cab to or get the hotel to shuttle you to Ulele. Look it up! Very cool restaurant. All my friends love it.

Thanks, cindy1957, I appreciate the restaurant advice....looks interesting!!

• 3 months later...