El Faro Mazatlan

alaskakat

i can't find anything recent on this topic, but I'm Going to be in mazatlan in 2 weeks and I remember reading about the lighthouse there. I'll be with my in great shape late 60s mom and two teenagers, is it doable to walk to the lighthouse and hike to the top from the port? My understanding is its pretty close, and that we could do that then walk over and take the water taxi to stone island. Am I completely off base? How long would just the lighthouse take? Both doable if we have all day?

i can't find anything recent on this topic, but I'm Going to be in mazatlan in 2 weeks and I remember reading about the lighthouse there. I'll be with my in great shape late 60s mom and two teenagers, is it doable to walk to the lighthouse and hike to the top from the port? My understanding is its pretty close, and that we could do that then walk over and take the water taxi to stone island. Am I completely off base? How long would just the lighthouse take? Both doable if we have all day?

Very doable !!! The officers from one of the ships I sailed did the lighthouse walk regularly.

You will pass within a block of the water taxi terminal on the way to the lighthouse and back.

The time for the lighthouse walk will depend on your pace, but there will be plenty of time to do both.

If you want to save a little time, you could hire a Pulmonia taxi to take you to the base of the lighthouse hill.

Edited by swedish weave

Great! Thx for the feedback. One more question... Think we can squeeze in an hour pulmonia tour as well? If we do that first, we can have the driver drop us at the lighthouse, then take the water taxi to stone island. Too much for 1 day?

Great! Thx for the feedback. One more question... Think we can squeeze in an hour pulmonia tour as well? If we do that first, we can have the driver drop us at the lighthouse, then take the water taxi to stone island. Too much for 1 day?

I normally take a bus or pulmonia downtown to the Mercado early, then return to the water taxi terminal to go to Stone Island. It can be a little cool early in the morning for the beach.

The pulmonia driver will do whatever you want, and will drop you at the base of the lighthouse hill. The drive along the malecon is pretty interesting with the sculptures and statues, and the divers if timing is right. A short stop at the Mercado is interesting to me. It is as close to an authentic Mexican Central Market as you will find. The old church is very near the Mercado and takes a few minutes to see.

I think you will have plenty of time to do these things if you don't dawdle too long in one place.

Edited by swedish weave

Very doable !!! The officers from one of the ships I sailed did the lighthouse walk regularly.

You will pass within a block of the water taxi terminal on the way to the lighthouse and back.

The time for the lighthouse walk will depend on your pace, but there will be plenty of time to do both.

If you want to save a little time, you could hire a Pulmonia taxi to take you to the base of the lighthouse hill.

How much would be a good bargaining price to have the Pulmonia take you from port to the base of the light house or from port to the Golden Zone? We don't want to take a tour we just want to enjoy a few rides in one to get from here to there. Thanks

Edited by bonzijam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I normally take a bus or pulmonia downtown to the Mercado early, then return to the water taxi terminal to go to Stone Island. It can be a little cool early in the morning for the beach.

The pulmonia driver will do whatever you want, and will drop you at the base of the lighthouse hill. The drive along the malecon is pretty interesting with the sculptures and statues, and the divers if timing is right. A short stop at the Mercado is interesting to me. It is as close to an authentic Mexican Central Market as you will find. The old church is very near the Mercado and takes a few minutes to see.

I think you will have plenty of time to do these things if you don't dawdle too long in one place.

Is the malecon along the Blue Line? I was thinking of walking it to have more time to take pictures of the sculptures and statues.