Port Canaveral Questions

LostAgain

For those of you following my other thread about Kennedy Space Center, we are still considering that, but also considering just poking around the port, Jetty Park and Cocoa Beach Pier. We are coming off the Norwegian Breakaway at Port Canaveral for an afternoon. These are my current questions --

Is the public trolley to Cocoa Beach/Cocoa Village the same as the NCL shuttle service excursion to these locations?

What is walkable distance as we exit the ship? We love to walk, and are healthy. Is Jetty Park walkable?

We also looked at Space Coast Segway, who recommend we arrive by taxi. Are taxis available you exit the ship, or are they a walkable distance from the ship? After the tour, how do we grab another taxi? Or perhaps the trolley? Or walk to Jetty Park? Has anyone done their Segway tour?

As you can see, I am just confused about the distances, walkability factors, and transportation around the area.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

If your ship is on the north side of the channel (Terminals 5, 6, 8, or 10), then it's too far to walk to Jetty Park or restaurants.

If your ship is on the south side of the channel (Terminals 1, 2, or 3), then it would be walking distance for us to Jetty Park and restaurants.

Edited by clarea

correct, but you must get better about including visual aides!

a port map helps

canav%20port%20map_zps2tubmty6.jpg

if this is hard to read, open here and you can expand

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/Capt_bj/media/canav%20port%20map_zps2tubmty6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13

NCL has been absent from here for a while but in the past they always used the 'north' terminals; which in this map are all in the WEST basin. The issue here is not the distance but the fact that security won't let you walk to the south side and the bridge between (if you get past security) is not walker friendly.

SO if the ship parks at a north terminal you need a taxi ..... and they are stacked up waiting when you get off the ship ... but write down a phone number for a return

(hint ..... ONE company has a contract with the port and can pick up at the port and drop off with no additional fee ..... other companies can only pickup in response to a call and pay an entry fee ... and to drop off ALSO pay an entry fee.

this is the contract company http://www.cab888.com/

I do not endorse them (or any other company) as they have been reported to do some sleazy things at the port .... but they have the contract}

(SEGWAY guy is in the south port so getting there from north terminal requires a taxi . . .)

ALLEGEDLY UBER is active here but I have no experience nor have I seen any reports from users

Edited by Capt_BJ

add on post due to edit time outs!

referring to my earlier post

navigation charts for port canaveral refer to the west basin

while the road signage refers to north and south terminals

don't blame me ... I did not do it!

ALL west basin terminals are NORTH (5,6,8,10)

the SOUTH terminals include new terminal ONE and the OLD terminals close to Jetty Park, immediately south of the Trident Basin on the map (NAVY). WHich are used by many visiting (port call) ships (2,3)

I admit, this is confusing!