Galveston Hotels w/free shuttle

besito20

Hello,

I've looked through several threads trying to see if I could find information about Galveston hotels with free shuttle service to cruise terminal. We are sailing on the Carnival Freedom next month and won't have a car to use. I know the hotels are expensive in the area so I'm looking for a decent hotel with free shuttle to the cruise terminal.

If anyone has any recent experience or knowledge about Galveston hotels and would like to share with me that information, I would truly appreciate it! :)

Thanks!

-Susie

We have sailed out of Galveston many times, and always stay the night before. Unfortunately, right now, the hotel prices are very high due to spring break. The hotel we normally stay at is $60/night, and it's a niice hotel... but right now, that same room is almost $200.

For our Feb 26th stay, I found the Comfort Inns and Suites Beachfront for $103.. I got that on-line, as the front desk quoted me $116 (note: there are 2 Comfort Inns.. this one is on Seawall).

Now, as to the shuttle... many of the hotels offered free shuttles and free parking, but that is quickly disappearing. The Country Inns and Suites allows free parking IF you use their shuttle at $10/person. The Holiday Inn and Hilton both have free shuttles and free parking, but the rooms will be pricey.

To be honest, we find it better and more convenient to just use a taxi. From most anywhere in Galveston, the fare to the pier is less than $15 (up to 4 people). It beats having to sign up for a shuttle (and the time slot you want will always be full). Plus many of the shuttles will stop at more than 1 hotel.

On the return, you'll be waiting out there for a shuttle which may or may not come in a timely manner. And hopefully it isn't raining. Whereas a line of cab's will be waiting for immediate transport back to the hotel. The price is the same.

We just find cabs much easier and not that expensive.

Does it also offer parking and Shuttle?

The Comfort Beachfront offers a Parking and Shuttle package ($50 round trip, up to 4 people). Or, parking by itself for $25 (and you can catch a taxi to the pier for about $15 each way, and it's about a 10min ride).

I think we are going to just do the $25 parking, and catch a taxi to the pier. That's what we normally do. We prefer that because we are then not on anyone's schedule but our own. Also, coming off the ship, there's no waiting for a shuttle.... the cabs are all in-line waiting to take you back to the hotel.

From the hotel, we'll call for a cab about 9:30AM... if anyone wants to split the cost, most cabs can take up to 4 people.