port to train station in Barcelona?

lg30047

You should not have a problem if you have your tickets arranged in advance. I would plan to arrive at the station one hour prior to departure as all baggage is scanned prior to entering the train platforms and then you can have up to a 20 minute walk within the station to your seat on the train.

You can take a taxi from the pier and will pay both the port and train station surcharges which would bring your taxi to about 22 to 25 euros. The taxi wait time early would be under 30 minutes and the drive time around 20 minutes.

The Port bus for 2.50 euro per person can be taken up to the Colon Circle and then you can transfer to the Metro Green line again for 2 euro per person for a short ride to the Sants station from the station Drassanes. The Metro takes 12 minutes, following a 10 minute walk from the bus followed by the 20 minute port bus with wait time for a total of around 45 minutes travel time from the cruise terminal.

Yes, thank you! Just the info I was looking for too.

Seems to me we'd need to self-disembark around 7:30am to make the train. At least, as I understand, there's no customs or other formalities upon arrival in Barcelona!

There is more than one station but Paris train leaves from Sants. Taxi can be 18 to 20 euro if traffic is light. 25 is on high side. My fare was 17. Its a 20 min ride max. Also security takes minutes (single scanner for several platforms). Train boarding is may be 10 min prior to departure so leaving ship around 8 is fine. No need to skip breakfast.

Yes, thank you! Just the info I was looking for too.

Seems to me we'd need to self-disembark around 7:30am to make the train. At least, as I understand, there's no customs or other formalities upon arrival in Barcelona!

Hi, just wondering what ship you will be deboarding from? We will be getting off the Epic on May 22.

Paul

Hi, just wondering what ship you will be deboarding from? We will be getting off the Epic on May 22.

Paul

We're sailing on Brilliance of the Seas in August. We disembark in Barcelona on the morning of August 30th. As suggested here, I'm going to book tickets for the 9:25am train to Paris, where we'll spend a few extra nights before flying back to Canada.

FYI, for those that are trying to figure out the train system in Europe, there's a great website I came across in my planning: http://www.seat61.com It's a great site that describes different options for different routes, and while it doesn't sell train tickets, it provides all sorts of links and options.