transportation to/from Galveston

nanwel

I am arriving on Thrus 18th of feb for a cruise on the 22nd, then leaving after a cruise on the March 6, but only to downtown Houston Holiday Inn, not the airport,

My question, what time would rush hour be less on the 18th, I arrive at 4;30, and think that would a bad time to leave. should I wait till 6 then get a taxi?

Tried different shuttle services, they do not go downtown, would have to go to airport and then taxi, unless I get a private limo - yeah not

Quotes are in the 170-200 each way and I see here a regular taxi can be less.

Uber is cheaper I am told, but how do you pre book them, their site is weird, have to give cc number to even get a quote

Consider a one-way rental car. Since you are staying a few days before the cruise, it might be convenient to have the car. I know Avis in Texas City accepts one-way rentals, and a taxi from there to the port is around $50.

Thanks, would consider that, but coming in later in the day, not keen on driving myself in rush hour considering I do not know my way. And paying for a rental when I am on a cruise for 12nights plus parking, think it would end up the same cost.

Thanks, would consider that, but coming in later in the day, not keen on driving myself in rush hour considering I do not know my way. And paying for a rental when I am on a cruise for 12nights plus parking, think it would end up the same cost.

Sorry it was not clear, but I was proposing dropping the car before the cruise. Either pick up another car after the cruise, go do a shuttle.

Edited by clarea

Houston traffic is a nightmare (our son lives there). It can take an hour to drive from one side of town to the other, especially if there is construction, which there always seems to be when we are there. Keep that in mind.