Epic solo cabins? Studio sell out?

b_cruise

So the epic sailing for June 2017 is out. Should I book a solo studio now or when do they sell out?

No one will be able to tell you when of if they'll sell out--it's not the same for every sailing. I'm sailing in 24 days and it appeared completely sold out a few weeks before final payment, but after final payment almost every category (including studios) had cabins available. It just depends on how important a specific sailing date is to you and how much risk you're willing to take. If you book now, you're assured of a studio cabin or you can wait and see what happens with the prices and availability and book later.

So the epic sailing for June 2017 is out. Should I book a solo studio now or when do they sell out?

Hard to say when they will sell out. The Epic has quite a lot of studio cabins so I wouldn't be in hurry to book too early and tie up your deposit money for over a year unless there is specific cabin you absolutely must have. You have no way to know at this point how much your cabin will be priced at final payment so I'd keep monitoring your sailing once a week. If you find a cheap sale or deal then grab it; otherwise, I'd say book around the first of 2017 during "Wave season" which is the first of the year when all the cruise lines offer their best deals. If you have an concerns then call NCL reservations and discuss your plans.

If you can handle paying the deposit, I'd book a great, desirable stateroom now.

When NCL offers 2 perks choices for Studios, probably Cyber Monday?, call NCL and get the perk added. Your total cruise price might be higher. Decide then whether it's worth the extra cost (stateroom +$100 vs. $150 restaurant credit) see what I mean? You can keep that excellent stateroom you already reserved.

And if prices go down, immediately call NCL (or your TA) and get the lower price, provided it doesn't take away a desired perk. Again decide the cost difference vs perk cost. You can keep that excellent stateroom you already reserved.

I might be wrong about this: Provided you make no changes, your gratuities will be locked in at the original rate. (the daily gratuity might go up over this coming year.) (I'm just pointing that out. Don't flame me on "cheating" staff out of hard-earned tips.)

Finally, if you decide not to go on the cruise, you can cancel anytime 90 days before saildate [https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule]. BUT make sure your TA, if you're using one, doesn't charge a cancellation fee themselves.

If you wait, you mostly run the risk of 1) having to pay more and 2) limited stateroom choices. If you wait past final payment due date, you'll run the risk of stateroom category being sold out, BUT may also save lots of money if it doesn''t sell very well.

So there are pros and cons. I would do it and currently have 10 cruises reserved through April 2017.

Edited by tiger-91