Santorini

juanita1767

Hi, it may depend on which cruise line you are with and whether you are participating in one of their shore excursions.

I understand that normal tenders will drop you off at the old pier where the cable car is but for shore excursions the tenders will drop you off at the Athinios port.

Hi, it may depend on which cruise line you are with and whether you are participating in one of their shore excursions.

I understand that normal tenders will drop you off at the old pier where the cable car is but for shore excursions the tenders will drop you off at the Athinios port.

We are cruising with Royal on Visons of the Sea. So I guess we can take the tender to the Athinios Port and meet them there.

We are cruising with Royal on Visons of the Sea. So I guess we can take the tender to the Athinios Port and meet them there.

Sorry I should have been clearer - for the cruise ships own shore excursions I think they take you to Athinios port.

If you are doing your own shore excursion you will probably have to take the tender to the old port and make your own way up to Fira (cable car / walk / donkey).

How far is it from the Old Port to where you get the cable car? Thanks.

about 50 metres. Its a bit further to the donkeys. At the old port you will also be offered a boat trip to Oia, a bus up the hill and a bus back to Fira. All inclusive price Euros 15. Boats and buses are infrequent. Donkey and cable car are 5 Euros and bus from Fira to Oia 1.80 euros