Trying to watch a college football game in Juneau on 9/5

jakeconmag

We are trying to catch the Florida State v Mississippi State football game on TV (ESPN) at 4pm (Juneau time) on Monday, September 5th. Our excursion that day is the Taku Glacier Lodge excursion. Is there any place close to the dock that would show the game?

Juneau is not a large city, but it is the capital, and is not really small. You can probably find a sports bar somewhere.

You might try this place:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mcgivneys-sports-bar-and-grill-juneau-2

But why would you waste four precious hours in AK to watch a ball game. Before you start about college football in the south, my team plays in the SEC but some things should take precedence.

Juneau is not a large city, but it is the capital, and is not really small. You can probably find a sports bar somewhere.

You might try this place:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mcgivneys-sports-bar-and-grill-juneau-2

But why would you waste four precious hours in AK to watch a ball game. Before you start about college football in the south, my team plays in the SEC but some things should take precedence.

McGivneys is your best choice. Millions of TV's, all sports, and they even have a room full of recliners. They also have Tracy's Crabshack crab bisque and crabcakes, Mrs. McGivney being Tracy. It's in the hotel across the street from the Hanger, where you'll be taking your excursion.

Thanks everyone! Especially the suggestion of McGivney's - wasn't sure it would be close enough to walk. I really wanted to find a place off the ship if possible. And as to why I would waste time spending time watching a game while in Alaska - it was part of the deal to take the cruise in the first place. My husband would go if he could watch the game ;-).

Really I just asked for a recommendation for a fun sports bar not for commentary about choices we are making. We are excited about going to Taku Glacier Lodge for most of the day and enjoying a beer and the game afterward. Everyone has the right to do what they want on their vacation!

Spot on, Jakeconmag! Each of us has interests, commitments, and compromises we make when traveling- enjoy your trip!

Word of warning: ESPN often carries west coast regional games at that time in the afternoon. If so, you could probably still get the score.

Thanks Chenega! I did double check and it is the only college game being played on Monday night.