Princess shuttle in Marseilles

happythoughts

Not sure about the last post. But whenever we have been to Marseille (about a dozen times) the ship shuttles dropped folks at the Vieux Port (old port) located near the water downtown (and about a 15 min stroll from the train station). As to the cost, cruise lines keep increasing prices so we are not sure of the current price, but would assume it is in the $7-$10 range.

Hank

Thanks for your responses. I'm arriving on a Wednesday so I don't think there is a free shuttle running (even though Ill be on a large ship) I read somewhere that the cost could be as high as $30 roundtrip...$120 seemed high for a family of 4!

• 1 month later...

I'll also be in Marseille on a Wednesday from a Princess ship and wonder if you've already gone on your cruise and found out how much they charged for the shuttle?

Including Princess, there's one other ship in port that day but not sure if I should take a chance that the free shuttle *might* be running!

I'll also be in Marseille on a Wednesday from a Princess ship and wonder if you've already gone on your cruise and found out how much they charged for the shuttle?

Including Princess, there's one other ship in port that day but not sure if I should take a chance that the free shuttle *might* be running!

haven't left yet... will report back

Hello, I Contact trans13.com What I've known through the intermediary of my friend

Who made the trip to Marseille...And the shuttle has come to keep me

for the old port of Marseille. I paid only 20€.

:)good experience at all:)

• 2 weeks later...
Princess charges $15 per adult and kids $10 if they are under 12. This is the round trip price. Free bus is not dependent on which ships are in port, but rather day of arrival. It's not available on Wednesday when the Royal Princess docks

@happythoughts - I think I was on Royal Princess the same time as you where it docked at Marseille on a Wednesday about 2 weeks ago :)

I think with this port shuttle, it's whether you're willing to take your chances on it being there or not on a Wednesday. There were 2 ships docked that day (including Royal Princess) but I ended up springing for the $15 ship shuttle just to be safe. Then started kicking myself when we drove by the bus stop and I actually saw the free port shuttle waiting there!! Yes, it was just sitting there waiting for passengers!! Granted, it didn't look full but there were a few groups of people making the walk there from the ship.

I guess it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Either take a chance that the port shuttle will be there *off schedule* if there are more that 1 ship in port, or spring for the ship shuttle to save time and get into town quicker! :)