Timing the Glass Bottom Boat Tour with Ship Departure

JenP

I am taking a short cruise on Empress of the Seas in January. For medical reasons, I cannot snorkel, but I would like to see the coral reef so I am going to do one of Fury's glass bottom boat tours in Key West.

The ship is in port from 8 AM to 5 PM. I have other sightseeing planned for the morning and would like to have time for a nice lunch, so I wanted to do the glass bottom boat tour from 2 PM to 4 PM. Is that cutting it too close for all-aboard time (4:30 PM)? I looked at a map and it looks like it's a very short walk between where Fury's boats depart and where the cruise ships dock.

Especially since there is one dock that is a long tram ride away, although it is often Carnival that gets this dock when there are that many ships in town. But even if you get one of the adjacent moorings, ships are almost 1/4 mile long, so you may have a 1/2 mile walk to your gangway!

As far as glass-bottom, I've taken it before (had relatives who lived in KW for many years) and it seems to run on time, but I wouldn't cut it that close anyway... It can leave a little late. If you can go earlier, it is a nice trip!

Edited by yuccaman