The BEST excursion you ever took in Costa Rica

lillulu

Preparing to take my first cruise on NCL. We are sailing on Oct 23rd on the pearl. Costa Rica happens to be one of the ports we will be stopping in. Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. Please tell me the BEST shore excursion you have taken while in this port. Who you might have used, or if it was through the ship. We are trying to figure out what we would like to do and with whom. I read someones after cruise trip post but the excursion he did doesn't seem to be offered at the time I am cruising. He did a bus, train, and boat. Called Costa Rica tour through the ship. Pearl doesn't see to be offering that particular one so, looking for help or advise for other offers or trusted tour guides.

Unfortunately I had knee replacement so I am limited to activity. So, zip lining is out. But I have done that before.

Thank you in advance.

Lulu

We did a bus tour offered by NCL, sorry don't remember the name. The vegetation there is incredible. Saw cashew trees mango and avocado trees, and cantaloupe fields. Then we went to a souvenir store and back. It was a lot of driving but it was ok. Our guide would stop at trees along the way to pick fruit and pass around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Jorge Ramirez Morales. He customized a tour for us that included a coffee plantation, rain forest, and lunch on the beach. Our party of four included two with handicaps. We had the best time, with a full day tour...very reasonable rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a bus tour offered by NCL, sorry don't remember the name. The vegetation there is incredible. Saw cashew trees mango and avocado trees, and cantaloupe fields. Then we went to a souvenir store and back. It was a lot of driving but it was ok. Our guide would stop at trees along the way to pick fruit and pass around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you happen to see any wild life?