First Time in BVI

aussi3itup

ARISTOCAT Charters, The Lionheart. Great day on a Catamaran. Brings you to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, usually crowded but definetley a must see if you're going to the BVI's. Plenty of time for snorkeling, swimming to the Baths & sightseeing on the Cat. You can't go wrong. It's a bit pricey but SO worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on many cruises but never to the BVI. We are a younger couple (25 and 29) looking for the best experience we can have. Sailing on NCL Escape on Oct 22nd. Love activities and swimming. I LOVE to snorkel. Any suggestions would be lovely!

Anyway you could get to the Baths would be the best way to spend the day. We were there in 2002 and would love to go back, our next cruise we are going to look for a cruise headed there.

Unfortunately The Baths have become a very popular excursion for cruisers. I do agree, it is a great way to spend a day in The BVI's. I'd have to disagree about getting there now. Ferry's are packed & if you are not on one of the early departures your visit could be miserable. By going on a charter you're only with a few who are also doing the same excursion. I'd definitely not recommend spending the whole day there now, which is why I'd recommend a charter again. We have visited the BVI's via Cruise ships as well as land stays on Jost Van Dkye & Peter Island. Sadly it has changed dramatically over the years. One thing is for sure, anywhere you go in the BVI's you won't be disappointed with the snorkeling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah I know, everybody loves the Baths but I personally find the Baths over rated. The snorkeling there is not all that great (also my opinion) but not the worst either.

I have snorkeled in many BVI areas and recommend a charter as well. My favorite snorkel areas are the Indians and the north side of Ginger Island or the Rhone on Salt Island. There are a couple of others but I can't think of anyone that goes to them. You should be able to find a charter that stops at the Indians at least, and possibly Salt.

For snorkeling I would not recommend the Baths. There is snorkeling there and in nearby Spring Bay, but for a snorkel excursion look at excursions going to the Indians, Norman Caves, the Rhone wreck, and other points in that area. Aristocat, Kuralu, and Patouche are all excellent options. Some will alternate between the eastern itinerary (those points mentioned) and the western including Jost, Sandy Spit, and perhaps Dimond Cay for a shorter snorkeling experience.

For off the beach snorkeling look at Brewers Bay on Tortola if you have your own gear. $8pp Safari taxi each way.

The Baths are a unique experience, it just gets so crowded when cruisers go there via the ship excursion or on there own. If you are in port amps extended time you can enjoy VG and plan your visit to the Baths around the larger groups. Unfortunately most NCL ships are in port only a short time...

Meant to add that whether you go on your own or take a cat to the Baths it will still be crowded, no way to avoid that when you are there from the ship.

You're there from 7 - 3 so a nice day at Brewers Bay would be a good choice. If you want more activity the Baths is an option.