Harley Davidson store

maktiller

Looking to take a taxi from cruise port to the Harley Davidson store to get t-shirts. I'm told it is about a 15 minute drive on the dutch side. Will the taxi driver wait for us while we go into the store? How much should we plan on round trip for two people ?

Looking to take a taxi from cruise port to the Harley Davidson store to get t-shirts. I'm told it is about a 15 minute drive on the dutch side. Will the taxi driver wait for us while we go into the store? How much should we plan on round trip for two people ?

The Rate Chart appears to indicate a charge of $15, each way, for two people.

I don't see it posted anywhere now, but there used to be a “Shopping Tour” offered for $30 which included 1 hour total elapsed time, with any additional waiting or driving time priced at $7 per 15 minutes.

I think the 15 minute drive could be a bit optimistic, depending on when you're on the road. Mornings can become a bit congested with going to work traffic, and late afternoons are usually just plain crazy. Luckily, you wouldn't have to fight the horrendous traffic on the Maho-Simpson Bay route.

They're open 8-5, so you're good.

All that said, I suspect that you could find some fake shirts in the shops along Frontstreet or at the Philipsburg Marketplace.

gary

p.s. Please report back on your experience. :)

• 1 month later...

We did this a few years back. Wanted to go from the cruise port, to the Harley Davidson store then on the Orient Beach. We paid $35pp one way. $70 for the 2 of us to the store then the beach. The taxi driver did wait while we shopped then dropped us off at Orient. DH calls it his "super expensive t-shirt". He does wear it all the time though. The taxi cost was pretty expensive to us, mostly because it was just the 2 of us and they could not cram 10 people in the van to go to the beach. I think that the drive to the store was 15-20 minutes in the morning around 10:00 am.