Which deck for balcony suite ?

uvasag

I'm looking at POA cruises in feb. 2017 and don't have much choice in balcony cabin selection because it is kind of last minute and most cabins are already booked. However, Between deck 10, 9,8 and 7 which one is preferred for a cruise to Hawaii. I mean would I see whales or other wild life or landscape better on a lower deck ? Would mid-ship be better than say forward or aft ?

Also, does it matter if the cabin is starboard or port side ?

TIA

I prefer the aft balcony. Mainly because they normally have some sort of roof so you are not baking in the sun and more importantly they are protected from the wind being in the back. Port and Starboard cabins to me are like rolling the windows downs in your car. Now keep in mind they are normally farther away from elevators than the regular balconies but totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've had aft, midship, and forward. I love them all, but I would think 9 midship would be your best choice. High enough for good whale viewing, but not under areas where food is served or prepped. I would expect 10 to be under the buffet areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Book a balcony room. The Port side is better for the Na Pali Coast and Hilo Port. Starboard is better for the possible Volcano night viewing, Maui port view & Kauai Port view. Either side is good in Honolulu. I felt the balcony was worth it. We spent at least two hours on our balcony each day. Almost an hour early mornings before breakfast and an hour before dinner each evening. Do not book a 10th floor aft balcony as the 11th floor bar overlooks the balconies and therefore there is no privacy.

• 4 months later...
Forgot to add that our balcony was the very front of the ship on the port side. We had a large balcony category. There was no cabin on the right side. It was very quiet, being that no one walked past our cabin.

My DD and I are planning to take my granddaughter on this ship. Do you remember your cabin number?