what's there to do in Jamaica. . sailing the dream at the end if April

txtravelerfamily

Good morning,

I know I could hop over the the Ports Of Call section, but I want to hear from Carnival Cruisers.

We will port in Jamaica the week if April 23rd and the excursions are exoensive, require long bus rides and look boring in general. It will be myself, husband, and 2 teen girls.

What's good to do and can you recommend a reputable private tour company?. Swimming at the Blue Hole looks good, but not offered by a tour operator that I have heard of.

TIA...:) :)

Edited by txtravelerfamily

We will be in Montego Bay. Dunns River Falls is a long bus ride. We aren't really beach people, we get bored easily and need to keep moving. I would really like to do something unique to Jamaica.

I haven't ever been, my first time in Montego Bay is in Jan but I've been doing a ton of research. Your best bet is probably to hire a private driver. I found that Joe's Cool Taxi service was the cheapest by about $100. You can e-mail them and discuss what your options are and have it figured out before you even get there.

Rockland's Humming Bird Sanctuary is about 20 minutes from the pier and can be a lot of fun. Beautiful birds perched right on your finger. Lovely gardens too.

Stop at the Pork Pit on the way back to the ship for a great lunch of jerk pork and chicken. Yummy.

• 1 month later...

Montego Bay is just over 2 hrs from Ocho Rios. Ocho is where all of the fun and action is. Dunns, Blue Hole, Mystic Mountain are all in Ocho. We ported in Montego Bay once. We hired Chris Linton from Chris Jamaica Tours. He drove all the way to Montego (2 hrs) to pick us up. Drove us all the way to Blue Hole (2 hrs) then drove us back to Montego Bay (2 hrs) and then had to drive back home to Ocho (2 more hrs). So he spent 8 hrs driving that day! He charged us $240 for 4 of us for the entire day. After Blue Hole he took us for an authentic jerk lunch at Scotchies, and the stopped to let us shop closer to Mo Bay so that we made it back to the ship in time. Traffic into Mo Bay gets super bad in the afternoon and he didn't want to take any chances with ship time.

He's great! Look him up! He does still go to the Blue Hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We hired Chris Linton from Chris Jamaica Tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I contacted Chris Linton about an excursion from Falmouth to Dunns River Falls and possibly a couple other stops. Would you recommend Chris and does he give a tour or just drive you? He didn't provide much information other than a suggestion and price. He is charging $150 for transportation for up to 4 people and everything else is extra (admissions).

I contacted Chris Linton about an excursion from Falmouth to Dunns River Falls and possibly a couple other stops. Would you recommend Chris and does he give a tour or just drive you? He didn't provide much information other than a suggestion and price. He is charging $150 for transportation for up to 4 people and everything else is extra (admissions

I highly recommend Chris! We have a blast every time we are with him! We still keep in touch with him, even after our visits. He is a great guy! He will treat you right and make sure that you are taken care of. He is essentially just the driver, but he will make sure that you are all set up with the best tour guides at your stops.(he knows them all!) He will also stay with your belongings in the van at each stop as well. We felt very safe when we were with him. If there is something special you would like to do, just tell him and he will make it happen!

we have been to The Blue Hole, river tubing, Dunns River Falls, shopping and Scotchies with Chris. Both times have been just amazing.

I know up front the $150 sounds like a lot, but when you figure that is for the entire day, and add your extra admissions, still way cheaper than a ship excursion that only lasts a few hours, and have tons of people!

Chris makes it worth every penny!

Hope I was able to answer your questions! Let me know if you want any more info!

We did this exact same thing on our last cruise and we used Ricardo Riley from libertytoursjamaica.com and it was the best excursion we've ever done. Ask him for a tour to the Blue Hole. One of the prettiest places I've ever seen. Everyone in our group of 10 from ages 13-65 absolutely loved it. You'll get a tour of the island and lunch at Scotchies - which was delicious. They are highly recommended on Trip Advisor too. They make sure you are safe and have the best time. Have fun!