Kotor Info and Beyond

Lots of good info here to help fill up our Kotor port stops. We are stopping in Kotor 2x in May, both at different times (7a-3p & 11a-8p). I believe we will be tendering as well. I love the Boat/Kayak/Cycle tour with KBT

You can look that up using the port website. I don't think there's an English version, but go to the Kruzing section and you'll find a schedule. (Hopefully they'll have it posted now for 2017, but if not, check back later!) I believe "sidro" means a ship will dock, and "X" means it will tender.

http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/image/164831076

The above link will hopefully bring up a map of Kotor. It's not the good one I was thinking of, but it might help you see where the wall walk starts. If you look up towards NE corner of map, you'll see a church called "Marjie." Near that church is where you want to be. You'll be near an archway that looks like this: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/image/161573503

On the map, I've marked where your ship docks (look in SW corner). I don't know where tender passengers end up, but I assume farther out on the point, so you simply walk along the water until you find one of the entrances to the old town. Kotor is small, so it should be easy to find your way along the water to that entrance. I've marked a tourist info kiosk down by the water. I think it was red and very easy to find.

When I went to walk the wall, there was someone at the start of the walk collecting a charge of 3 euros. They may tell you it's an easy walk, but don't believe them. It's not really a "walk" at all, just a climb on decrepit stones. Allow plenty of time and take water if it's hot. Up towards the church you'll hopefully find a vendor or two selling water. Be very, very careful if it's rainy or wet, especially after you get back down and think you're home free. I've read that some people slip at the end. I didn't find it all that much faster coming down, as it's kind of uneven footing and not much to hang on to in most places.

On the map, "Crka" is a church, "Sveti" is Saint, and "Vrata" is wall, although I may have gotten the spellings wrong!

Edited by roothy123

How long does it take to tender into Kotor once on the tender? I have an excursion at 9 am and am planning on leaving the ship at 8:30 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whilst you may intend leaving the ship at 8.30 the ship may have other ideas. Unless you have preferred tender status you can expect to wait behind ships excursions and those with preferential tender rights. Your actual tender will also depend upon where in the order your tender ticket is. A tender ashore from a large ship may take a couple of hours or it may take less than an hour. You haven't indicated what time the ship is due into the port which will also affect your timings