South American Shore Excursions

Jelbells

I have just joined and this is my first question.

We are doing a land and cruise tour in February to South America. Our ship is Crown Princess and we start our cruise on February 15th from Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina for 14 days.

I am wondering if there is anyone already been on this cruise with tips regarding excursions, also anyone going on it the same dates as us and wants to share some excursions.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

We are taking the Crown Princess from Santiago to Buenos Aires on 18 January.

We have used Ruta (see details below) for our transport and day trip from Santiago to the port. Cristián has been very proactive and suggested a great day trip including a visit to a winery for lunch and a walking tour of Valpariaso.

Cristian Blanco

Ruta Valparaiso

http://www.rutavalparaiso.cl

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jackieo

Also, look for your roll call group (the people sailing on YOUR cruise) by looking at the Princess roll calls. There, you can connect with others on the same trip. Even if you just introduce yourself on the roll call list, it will feel like you already know some people on board. Then, if there is a Meet and Greet or Meet and Mingle (same thing) for that group, what will happen is a coffee and sweets quick meeting one sea day. In addition, you can use the roll call to plan private shore excursions with others, thereby saving a lot of money and making new friends, too.

Once you get your feet wet on these things, you will never go back to sailing with strangers and using only ship excursions!

I am boarding the Crown Jan 18.

We have done South America twice. First time Rio to San Francisco on the Star. Then next time Fort Lauderdale to LA. We love travelling around South America. Can not wait to do it again.

I have blogged about both voyages - link to blog is in my signature. A lot is just day to day reporting but I do write about we did in each port too.

If you go to the blog you can click on each port by searching for that port in the label section on the left of the page.

i will be blogging our south America trip too.

We did this cruise earlier this year (in the opposite direction) with NCL. I recommend South Excursions if you're looking for a nice tour that departs from Santiago and drops you off at the port. Also, if you stop in Puerto Montt, Juan Sunkel Cerro is an awesome guide.

• 4 weeks later...
We did this cruise earlier this year (in the opposite direction) with NCL. I recommend South Excursions if you're looking for a nice tour that departs from Santiago and drops you off at the port. Also, if you stop in Puerto Montt, Juan Sunkel Cerro is an awesome guide.

Reebster ... which tour did you do with Juan ? if easier, reply to tncaec at yahoo dot com

thanks in advance ... Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Just reminder to newer members of Cruisecritic: you could find a lot of information and open groups for non-ship shore excursions on roll call forum. Just find your ship and your debarkation date - and you could connect with your shipmates and to see which tours they organized, which are still open for sharing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. We have Juan reserved as our guide in Puerto Montt next Monday - finally, it's been a long time coming - so very pleased to read your comments. :D