FLL or MIA & Hotel Recs

amallison

Which typically offers the better fares? We're not cruising until June 2018 but of course we're starting to research now!

Also, what would be your most reasonably priced hotel recommendation after flying into either FLL or MIA?

In general airfare to FLL will usually be less than to MIA because of airport fees charged to the airlines and the "Southwest" effect. Depending upon dates and where you are flying from, your experience may vary.

The common advice here is that FLL area hotels are usually cheaper than comparable properties in Miami or Miami Beach; we find the FLL area to also be more family friendly.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info; I have yet to find a comparable site for Miami/Miami Beach.

But $$ are not the only thing - what do you want to do/see? :confused: Miami Beach, especially South Beach can be a lot of fun and the dining/nightlife and architecture are special.

In general airfare to FLL will usually be less than to MIA because of airport fees charged to the airlines and the "Southwest" effect. Depending upon dates and where you are flying from, your experience may vary.

The common advice here is that FLL area hotels are usually cheaper than comparable properties in Miami or Miami Beach; we find the FLL area to also be more family friendly.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info; I have yet to find a comparable site for Miami/Miami Beach.

But $$ are not the only thing - what do you want to do/see? :confused: Miami Beach, especially South Beach can be a lot of fun and the dining/nightlife and architecture are special.

Thank you so much! I realize that my questions were pretty broad and have probably been asked 1000 times. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I've never actually been to the Miami/FLL area so I'm completely clueless. I'm going to do some research on sunny.org like you recommended and go from there. Thank you again!

As the other poster stated it all depends on what you want out of the departure city and also which port you are leaving from of course. Ft. Lauderdale is a bit more laid back type of place, its pretty much a "suburb city" of Miami. While Miami is the dense, nightlife, business center with endless options of restaurants, bars, etc.. They both have plenty to do. It really depends what you want to do.

Airfare is typically cheaper at FLL but it varies. FLL has JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Allegiant and Southwest, all that make the flights cheaper there, as MIA only has Frontier for low cost carriers. But for June flights should not be very expensive, but its WAY too early to look at air fares. For June I would not start looking until about 6 months out the earliest.

What port are you leaving from?

As the other poster stated it all depends on what you want out of the departure city and also which port you are leaving from of course. Ft. Lauderdale is a bit more laid back type of place, its pretty much a "suburb city" of Miami. While Miami is the dense, nightlife, business center with endless options of restaurants, bars, etc.. They both have plenty to do. It really depends what you want to do.

Airfare is typically cheaper at FLL but it varies. FLL has JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Allegiant and Southwest, all that make the flights cheaper there, as MIA only has Frontier for low cost carriers. But for June flights should not be very expensive, but its WAY too early to look at air fares. For June I would not start looking until about 6 months out the earliest.

What port are you leaving from?

We'll be sailing out of the Port of Miami. We have two local airports that we can fly out from and New Orleans is typically the cheaper option of the two. I was just looking at which airlines fly into FLL and MIA and we definitely have some options.

Typically then you would want to stay in the Miami area. Port Miami is directly located in downtown Miami, where there are tons of hotel options and things to do and see.

Are there any specific hotels you would recommend? Preferably budget friendly and possibly even including breakfast but we are willing to look at any recommendation you throw our way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums