Best Rum Selection in Nassau?

JawjaFatBoy

We'll be in Nassau later in the year and I'm looking to add some rums to my cabinet. Which stores have the best selection and prices?

I looked in most all of the shops in the downtown area last year and most had so-so selection and their prices seemed a bit on the high side, which really didn't surprise me being in the tourist area. It was also right after Hurricane Matthew came through so they may have cleared some of their stock out and hadn't brought it back in yet. Several stores downtown didn't even have power back yet.

Any suggestions on stores with decent selections and prices? Especially some that are within easy traveling distance from the port area?

The Watlings Distillery has a tour and you can purchase rum. We bought the middle of the several options and it has a great flavor and so smooth even to drink straight. Highly recommend a walk to find them.

Definitely planning on hitting John Watling's. We were in Nassau last year and I had planned to go there, but they were closed due to Matthew.

The Watlings Distillery has a tour and you can purchase rum. We bought the middle of the several options and it has a great flavor and so smooth even to drink straight. Highly recommend a walk to find them.

Planning this in a couple of weeks. How far was the walk there?

Thank you. That's an easy one for us. Love your signature. Hubby always quotes John Wayne. "You can't fix stupid"

You're welcome. There is a pretty good hill and the sidewalks are narrow, but it's not bad.

Thank you! I'm in corrections and our informal motto is: "You can educate ignorance and medicate crazy, but you just can't fix stupid!"

We also loved the John Watling's Distillery and tour. I wish I had known at the time that you can't buy their rum in the US. We really liked their middle (amber) rum, but with plane travel, didn't pick any up, thinking we could get it back home. :(