Radisson Resort vs Hampton Inn ??

30stone

Flying into MCO day before cruise from Port Canaveral. . Hampton has a fly, snooze and cruise pkg (includes rt airport transfers and hotel to port shuttle). Radisson offers shuttle from MCO to hotel ($50). My question (after such a long story), for maybe $20 more, would you recommend Hampton Cocoa Beach or Radisson Resort?. Thank you

Those two hotels are really at the opposite sides of the spectrum - very different experiences. Highrise versus motel-style, usual decor versus old-Florida, near beach (beach views) vs highway, further away from the port versus closer, secluded versus several restaurants onsite/nearby, and so on.

Radisson is mostly a cruise hotel. Hampton Inn attracts business folks, vacationers, honeymooners and cruisers.

If things are the same, I'd choose Hampton Inn for a better room experience.

I was leaning towards Hampton Inn. Are there other restaurants close by, within a short walking distance? Just wondering - daughter needs gluten free

That would be Brano's - really good and they do gluten free pizza and Italian food!

But please do not restrict yourself to the limited choices near the Hampton because ALL the restaurants are just a short Uber away!

Flying into MCO day before cruise from Port Canaveral. . Hampton has a fly, snooze and cruise pkg (includes rt airport transfers and hotel to port shuttle). Radisson offers shuttle from MCO to hotel ($50). My question (after such a long story), for maybe $20 more, would you recommend Hampton Cocoa Beach or Radisson Resort?. Thank you

Can you tell me where you found the fly-snooze-cruise package offered by the Hampton? I'm in the process of researching hotels and shuttles, and that sounds like a good package.

Can you tell me where you found the fly-snooze-cruise package offered by the Hampton? I'm in the process of researching hotels and shuttles, and that sounds like a good package.

I went to the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach site and it was under "special offers". For about the same price, it seems easier than booking all separate trasfers, etc.

That would be Brano's - really good and they do gluten free pizza and Italian food!

But please do not restrict yourself to the limited choices near the Hampton because ALL the restaurants are just a short Uber away!

Thanks for the heads up about Brano's! Daughter loves Italian.

I went to the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach site and it was under "special offers". For about the same price, it seems easier than booking all separate trasfers, etc.

Thank you, I found it there! You're right, it does seem easier. Weird that the quote is only for one passenger, no matter how many people are in the room!

Thank you, I found it there! You're right, it does seem easier. Weird that the quote is only for one passenger, no matter how many people are in the room!

It is weird. Did you look in the finer print-it says to add $45 for another person

I would suggest you go on Trip Advisor and see the ratings. Have stayed in a Hampton Inn in Dania Beach that was a dump. So review the ratings and make your decision. If the hotel isn't nice, why start a wonderful vaca being unhappy. Enjoy your cruise.

I would suggest you go on Trip Advisor and see the ratings. Have stayed in a Hampton Inn in Dania Beach that was a dump. So review the ratings and make your decision. If the hotel isn't nice, why start a wonderful vaca being unhappy. Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry, but this is not FLL - we are talking about Cocoa Beach. The Hampton Inn here is one of the top 5 hotels if not top 3.

Sorry, but this is not FLL - we are talking about Cocoa Beach. The Hampton Inn here is one of the top 5 hotels if not top 3.

I was just citing an example. If that hotel at any port had good member reviews of course go for it! I just suggested that all pre-post cruise hotels should require that the guest check reviews before making their final decision.

It is weird. Did you look in the finer print-it says to add $45 for another person

Yes, and that rate seems quite good....I have found a couple of other shuttle companies for less, like Cortrans, but they don't pick up from the airport past 1030am, and our flight will arrive around 130pm. I'm either going to book this hotel/shuttle package, or book independent shuttle with Sunshine Limo.