Pompeii then Capri and/or Amalfi Coast boat tour

GoGiantsfan11

Hi,

We will be docked in Naples the first week of July. There are 8 of us. We currently have on hold a private tour of Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi coast by van. I was thinking of changing it and doing a couple hours at pompeii and then onto a boat ride for the rest of the time we have.

Anyone have any suggestions on a boating company? And I wonder if there is a private transfer company that will pick us up at Naples.. take us to Pompeii wait and then onto where ever we have to pick up boat tour and then back to ship.

Any thoughts would be great.. thanks..

Having done both, we found the drive along the coast road more spectacular. Especially the drive AWAY from Naples towards Positano and Amalfi was super. GREAT views. We took one trip per large coach and that returned via a different and less scenic route. A mini van tour used the coast / cliff road both directions, as I did with a hire car .

By the way, you get vertigo inducing views from the front row(s) seats on the RIGHT side of the coaches with the sea on your right! Stunning!!!

Perhaps book road trip one way and boat trip the other way?

Try APT tours. We used them when in Naples. They picked us up at the port and took us to Pompei ( guide included) Positano, Sorento and then back to the ship. You even had the option of taking the ferry back to Naples from Sorento if you wished. They were excellent. We had a van of 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.. could look into one way and back by boat.. Just with 4 kids and having private tours in each stop. I think the kids rather skip another postcard town walking around and maybe even swim a little off a boat etc.. Just trying to see what choices I might have.

Amalfi Coast is amazing. We are SO glad we did that via 8 passenger van vs going to Pompeii, where it would have been hot and stifling and yet another ruins to go to. We really wanted to see Pompeii, but after having toured Ephesus and the Acropolis, team cet, our best relaxing day was our day at the Amalfi Coast. I would urge you to do it by land vs boat.

2df631294b373a0bbe6b5201878a37d2.jpgd5f5b1e39043a2e48b46d49be214913b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4cats4me - Great pictures... Right now I have booked a private tour with a 2 hour stop in pompeii and then whatever we want to do next.. I have 8 hours booked.. How would you split up the time if I decide to forgo the boat thing?

6 hours doesn't leave much time because you have to factor in driving time, so I recommend either Pompeii and Sorento or Amalfi, Positano and Sorento.

We took off early from Salerno way south of Naples, and went to Positano first to beat the crowds. I was empty at 9 in the am.

We went in oct so traffic wasn't very bad. We stayed for about an hour, shopped, walked down to the beach.

Then we headed up to Ravello, omg, drop dead beautiful views, stayed for an hour and a half. Then drove to Amalfi, half hour drive, then spent 2.5 hours there, grabbed a quick lunch. Relaxed. Then drove another hour back to Salerno before heading to the ship.

If going in summertime, it sounds like it is bumper to bumper, so

Others can weigh in, but it seems like a stretch to do Pompeii and Positano and Amalfi.

If Pompeii is a must do, then perhaps you should just devote your time there and combine with Sorrento. I will b impossible to do it all, otherwise you will just spend your time in traffic I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk