Best Location for Private Vehicle pick-up in Dover

We will be docking in Dover In September and getting picked up by my brother. Is there an area that allows private vehicles to get close to the ship or does one take a shuttle to a parking area to meet driver? Appreciate info. Thanks.

When you exit the terminal there will be a queue of cars waiting to collect passengers. It can be a bit of a scrum, but with patience I am sure you will find each other. It would be highly desirable to be able to contact your brother on a mobile phone.

When you exit the terminal there will be a queue of cars waiting to collect passengers. It can be a bit of a scrum, but with patience I am sure you will find each other. It would be highly desirable to be able to contact your brother on a mobile phone.

Many thanks for your input - the mobile phone idea makes sense. Do you know whether the distance between where the ship docks and the terminal exit is walkable with suitcases in tow? Or is there some sort of shuttle bus from the ship?

Many thanks. Assume then that there would be no problem for a couple of elderly people, in reasonable shape, to walk off the ship with luggage and hoof it to the car waiting area?

Many thanks. Assume then that there would be no problem for a couple of elderly people, in reasonable shape, to walk off the ship with luggage and hoof it to the car waiting area?

My 79 year old (at the time) mother and I had no issues getting to our taxi upon disembarkation; it was a fairly short walk IIRC. I assume a private car would come to the same location as the taxi.

My 79 year old (at the time) mother and I had no issues getting to our taxi upon disembarkation; it was a fairly short walk IIRC. I assume a private car would come to the same location as the taxi.

Many thanks Alberta Quilter! That is exactly the info I was looking for!;)